Notices

I have just uploaded a Spanish (Castilian) translation for fMMS (http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/fmms/c/ui/)

Hope this helps!

The Following User Says Thank You to ikerrg For This Useful Post:
i have the following problem: it notifies me about a received mms and the header is displayed. if i press it i get something similar "failed to retrieve/download mms", so the only way to get to the mms ist to start a internet connection, it cannot do so by itself..

but my biggest problem: ever since it downloaded the mms, if i go and open up ovistore via icon or want to refresh mail it automatically chooses the mms connection instead of my provider internet connection although i have the internet connection set to connect to my provider automatically under "settings". if i however open the webbrowser it correctly chooses my provider internet. also the omweather widget auto refreshes using mms connection instead of my providers inet. what is going on?????!

the user -=Hot|Ice=- seems to have the same problem, he posted in this thread on 05-30-10 , 10:32 PM

how do i/we resolve this?

Last edited by Raubtier; 2010-06-02 at 01:22.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Michigan
Originally Posted by Raubtier View Post
i have the following problem: it notifies me about a received mms and the header is displayed. if i press it i get something similar "failed to retrieve/download mms", so the only way to get to the mms ist to start a internet connection, it cannot do so by itself..

but my biggest problem: ever since it downloaded the mms, if i go and open up ovistore via icon or want to refresh mail it automatically chooses the mms connection instead of my provider internet connection although i have the internet connection set to connect to my provider automatically under "settings". if i however open the webbrowser it correctly chooses my provider internet. also the omweather widget auto refreshes using mms connection instead of my providers inet. what is going on?????!

the user -=Hot|Ice=- seems to have the same problem, he posted in this thread on 05-30-10 , 10:32 PM

how do i/we resolve this?
From what I understand this is a known issue which has no fix. From what I have read it's due to how the N900 handels several different connection types.

Correct me if I am wrong please

The Following User Says Thank You to Bijiont For This Useful Post:
thanks for the answer, if that is the case, the situation is a real mess! i really would appreciate if the author of the app could find a solution. in the meatime i found a "solution" of last resort: i deinstall fmms and got rid of the connection point with fapn!

do i have to go through this every time i download a mms?

did i do anything wrong beforehand? answers very welcomed!

Question 1: how can i send MMS with multi-byte character title

I use the latest version of fMMS(v1.1.4), when I sent MMS with multibyte characters(like CJK characters) in message title, it can't be received or opened.

but if i sent a MMS with single-byte character in message title and multi-byte characters in message body, it CAN be received and opened correctly.

Question 2: Can the text in message body be aligned left?

it seems all the text in MMS body is aligned center, is it passible to render the text to be aligned left? or give us a text render configure option.

thanks a lot.

Last edited by oldnetdog; 2010-06-02 at 03:20.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine,California
hey guys ..
after updating PR1.2 my FMMS stop working. but i believe i need configuration for AT&t US.
i can see additional MMS internet connection bellow AT&T internet .
some body plz help ..
thanks in advanced

After PR 1.2 I didn't have to configure the fMMS at all! It works great... but only with image size set to small...
Thanks for a really great app

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Michigan
Originally Posted by roney711 View Post
hey guys ..
after updating PR1.2 my FMMS stop working. but i believe i need configuration for AT&t US.
i can see additional MMS internet connection bellow AT&T internet .
some body plz help ..
thanks in advanced
Make sure to update from the extras-devel latest build ( which fixed my issues on PR1.2 ) also double check your APN settings. If you aren't sure there is a wiki about the settings you need for AT&T.

http://wiki.maemo.org/MMS#AT.26T_Mobility

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
@Raubtier try send with any text. In my case mms without text incorrect...

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
What language you are use ? If you send message in another language than english (like right-to-left languages), some phones can not receive your messages. And if you send messages without text, it's a same story.
what? this is a joke? i write in portuguese

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python