Ok, another query. What happens to apps whose promotion was blocked pre 1.2 due to the version of qt being used? This for example, I don't know if there are more.

I would guess that they need to be rebuilt using the latest qt versions and as such should be removed from the testing queue.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
*Grumble* - bugtracker.... wouldn't have an issue if people actually used them :P - still (And my own personal opinion), not really required... general users testing and uncouth developers like me still use the forums!

Just amazed how so many can get an instant vote down - and the bug-tracker will most likely never get used
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
*Grumble* - bugtracker.... wouldn't have an issue if people actually used them :P - still (And my own personal opinion), not really required... general users testing and uncouth developers like me still use the forums!

Just amazed how so many can get an instant vote down - and the bug-tracker will most likely never get used
Unfortunately you are right, people seem not to like using bugtrackers... I personally always use them, sometimes a simple mail can solve many problems (recently Live Focus has been improved a lot thanks to a great testing work).

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by torpedo48 View Post
Unfortunately you are right, people seem not to like using bugtrackers... I personally always use them, sometimes a simple mail can solve many problems (recently Live Focus has been improved a lot thanks to a great testing work).
Yeah its interesting it all depends on the developer and the tester working together, but there are different types of developers, testers and applications....

I would personally say that the larger complex applications, most definitley need bug trackers, and actually it does really make sense for the smaller apps - but its a large time-waster.
Then you look at the bug reporters, most here will be technically minded and happy to file a technical bug. But form the users perspective, an email or forum post is more visible and easier to word.... (And finally it is then how the developer interprets all of this.... some are happy to use both, some only want 1 or tother...)

Therefore, having the bug tracker is fine... (And yes this have been covered a million times), but i still think a few things need to be improved...

Just upsets me a bit that some great apps either dont get included, or developers move to their own repos just to get rid of the maemo hassle. (Which really should be discouraged...)
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Regensburg
I will support the Testing Squad. I have now more time for testing.

I follow your activity since February.
I work as a software quality engineer in a german software company.

Interesting, HoopsFrenzy and SoccerFrenzy are showing up in the testing queue again. I though we got rid of them a long time back.

Thanks to everyone for your work!

I've updated the first post, I've inserted some easy-to-test apps. Give it a look

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
You can put a forum thread link as a bugtracker. It's fine if you choose to do bugtracking with forum.

Originally Posted by torpedo48 View Post
YOU CAN VOTE THESE APPS THUMBS DOWN:
@torpedo48

I would like to pose some questions. Please observe that I'm only asking them to help better understand the testing process.

Is it really necessary to have lots of thumbs down for those applications?

Since you have already voted them down, why do they need more for the same reasons?

Is there a way to turn a single thumb down into a blocker thing? For instance, checkboxs for "not optified", "no bugtracker", etc would block the application until those issues were resolved. Thumbs up and down would go for other subjective stuff...

The Following User Says Thank You to soeiro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Packages with these problems shouldn't have the "Promote package" option available.