Notices

I currently porting my app to QT, "some" parsing, gps is working but i could use some help with the gui design in qt.

i try to get a basic version working and to the svn in the next couple of days. ( i would say i got 50% working but i still need to do some stuff.)

so if someone with some knowlege in qr gui design who want help me simple leave a note here.

thanks in advance

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smurfy For This Useful Post:
this app should win the $50000 prize for the best local app.
i'm in the uk and use it to check train times nearly everyday.
thank you

Last edited by windows7; 2010-06-02 at 07:57.

hi,

thanks

i don't think that my small app will win any prize, but if you like you can submit the app

Hello smurfy,

I am currently working on a way to parse the data from the VVS website (Verkehrsverbund Stuttgart). I live in Stuttgart and wanted to have a simple application for using S-Bahn and U-Bahn.
As I see, you already coded a program for use with www.bahn.de. I would like to take your code and adapt it. Is this okay for you?
Yes, I may contribute to you by coding the VVS backend and integrating it in your program, but I want to have more, VVS-specific, features in my program, e.g. travel maps and trip visualisation.

Greetings, Tim

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keeper For This Useful Post:
All of which would be also great for DB. And as they are part of DB Railnavigator, I think putting this infrastructure in wouldn't stay VVS specific at all.

Hi Keeper,

i wrote fahrplan to work with different backends. i currently porting fahrplan to QT. (there is a separate branch in the svn).

The QT Version is almost finished (it mainly missing tests and the ui looks not nice/has some bugs), but the backend parsers are finished.

I also want add a backend for MVV (in fact i started it but run into problems in the c version which should be trivial with qt/c++).

So i think what i want to say, is if you want to fork my app (qt or c) you could do so, but what i whould like even more if you contribute your parser to the qt version of fahrplan and all backend spezific stuff could be added too. (as tvogel says it could be usefull for other backend aswell).

if you want i can give you svn access to the fahrplan project. I guess i will start the mvv backend in few hours or days

you also can contact me by email in german if you have more questions.

After ~50 hours of work (over the past week) i can proudly announce that i just released version 0.0.11 of my fahrplan app.

its a complete rewrite in cpp with qt.

Main change is the rewrite but i added some basic settings and a new backend (mvv-muenchen.de).

i will take a brake from working "fulltime" on fahrplan for a couple of days but i will try to add new backends over the next couple of weeks.

i will also take a look on new possible features.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smurfy For This Useful Post:
thanks.
nice to have it as a qt app.
and i like the added functionality with the backend and especially the possibility to turn the gps off on the startup.

on the long run it would be nice to have the possibility to chose the backend on the bootup of the fahrplan app or change the default setting as i imagine that locals are going to use the backend for their local public transport more often.

@keeper
would love to see the mentionned vvs app as it would be a app for daily use for me whenever i'm not on my daily route - allthough it would be nice to have one app for the local public transport and the bahn.

but whichever way it goes. thank you both.!

@smurfy give the 50k competition thing a try. there might be technically more advanced apps around. but i like the reliability, the lightweight and the utility of it.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Germany
Very usefull program!

Unfortunately, it seem to crash here quickly.
Staying in the result list causes "fahrplan" to close itself?
So i guess it crashes.

I tried it with gps enabled, bahn.de-backend and some arbitrary search to different locations in Germany.

A nice feature enhancement would be a "travel planer" where you can "remember several choices of trains for "Hin- und Rueckfahrt" and also if these arrival- and departure-dates/times could be stored in the Calender-App and with Alarm-function enabled such that you don't miss your train (which perhaps could leave in a week) :-)

regards,
nexus

thanks, about the crash it seams its the 2 min crash again i will fix it shortly and release a new version tonight.

@schnaffs: about the backend switch. i store the settings so if you select a different backend and restart the app you get the last backend again. but i guess it could be possible to add a switcher directly to the mainwindow sometime in the future.