Active Topics

hey matan what about my query !! what should i do about it!!?

Do people really use all 9 screens ? oO I only use one for example.

lol nop i don't use but who cares !! its just one's own satisfaction!! i guess you feel great !!

Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
Do people really use all 9 screens ? oO I only use one for example.
LOL ... I could use 1 (in fact I did the first month I had this beast), then 3 (optimal I guess) but now after some problems with icq contacts not shown in conversations app, I put my most "used" contacts on the third screen ... So, now, having 4 screens full, I need more to start messing with Queen Bee ...

And I like the loop backgrounds to stay loopy, so, Im gonna make the next level with 8 screens ...

EDIT: Just curious, why is the number of screens limited in the first place? I mean, why 9, why not 5 or 10?

Last edited by michalurban; 2010-06-05 at 22:02.

Originally Posted by michalurban View Post
LOL ... I could use 1 (in fact I did the first month I had this beast), then 3 (optimal I guess) but now after some problems with icq contacts not shown in conversations app, I put my most "used" contacts on the third screen ... So, now, having 4 screens full, I need more to start messing with Queen Bee ...

And I like the loop backgrounds to stay loopy, so, Im gonna make the next level with 8 screens ...

EDIT: Just curious, why is the number of screens limited in the first place? I mean, why 9, why not 5 or 10?
3 by 3.

[x][x][x]
[x][x][x]
[x][x][x]

Like a 2D array.(I have no idea how virtual desktops work, so it might because of different reasons)

Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
3 by 3.

[x][x][x]
[x][x][x]
[x][x][x]

Like a 2D array.(I have no idea how virtual desktops work, so it might because of different reasons)
But in that case, it could have been lets 4x4 or even 10x10 lol ...

Actually the desktops are all horizontal.

And I seem to have a problem, after issuing those cp commands my select wallpaper is screwed up now. I can't see the desktop files that had the configurations for wallpaper.

and if i ever try to set the 5th screen's wallpaper it changes the first.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2010-06-06 at 17:01.

^^^ yeah even i have that problem !! how can i have DIFFERENT background for all the desktops??!! is that possible !! and i am not talking about the .desktop file!! hmmm.......... can that be possible?

***Bump***

You can manually set them this way in the terminal.

gconftool -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/5/bg-image -t string "/path/to/background.jpg"

With the # 5 being desktop 5, 6 being desktop 6, etc..

Though I wonder why Matan's method doesn't work for setting images higher than 4 desktops. Anything after that just changes the first one.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...