Active Topics

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
I have no idea. No specific action. Just sometime I unlock it, want to call someone and se that it is not responding at all.

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
I'm having similar desktop freezing problem. It happens everytime I reboot. Though all the shortcuts appear in the screen they aren't responsive for at least another 30 seconds. However, the click is registered as after that time the clicked app opens up. Also, though the shortcuts are unresponsive, during this time I can still go to menu and open apps from there. So, its just the desktop shortcuts suffering.

That happen to me 2 or 3 times since PR1.2. In PR1.1.1 I used the "killall hildon-home" when the desktop was very very slow, but now it only make it worst. If I do it I'll have to restart

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
It happens here when adding a new widget or shortcut. Phone stucks when hitting Done and stays that way with the 'Done'-button highlighted. I then press the power key and toggle between tablet mode and phone mode once. After that, desktop is fine again and new items are added.
Problem's still present. No solution yet.

Cheers,

..::J4ZZ::..

J4ZZ
Same here from PR1.2 too. But that is not a problem that I am complaining for. That problem can be easilly resolved, but mine problem, I hope that it will be solved with killall hildon-home

"killall hildon-home" or hildon-desktop does not solve the problem. It does solve problem partially, it removes all widgets, but shortcuts are active again. So, it is still a bug :/

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
This may not be a bug in PR 1.2 as the thread title suggests. Since it is effecting a relatively few users (so far) might I suggest that you use this space to compare notes regarding what is commonly installed on the N900's of those that it does affect.

For instance early on I did experience short freezes and delays when the "animation" feature was enabled in OMWeather. I disabled it and haven't had a problem since.

Another program that was in the developer repo that allowed you to remove or change the order of status bar apps could be causing this as well. I can't recall the name because I uninstalled the sucker and never looked back.

SLN member # 009

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2010 @ France
I had the same problem today for the second time since the PR1.2, and for me it never happened before with the PR1.1.
When this happens, the four offices can scroll but all the icons are frozen, except the area status.
I do not really know what causes this ?!

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Israel
Had this since pr1.1 as well, And I have something like 4 desktop command execution widgets.. Could be it..
I also have the facebook widget, calander, conversations, media player, raemote, and some others that no one mentioned here...
Worse yet, when it freezes sometimes I won't get SMS- No notification, no sound, no led, no mentioning on the widget because it's stuck, and I'd only get them once I reset, which means I get them a day later...

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2010 @ France
Well, it seems that the bug comes from the phone application for me, more specifically the order of rotation to portrait mode.

So by changing the settings on the "rotation control", the bug is gone :

- screen orientation: Landscape.
- start turning: Unchecked.

However It's a temporary solution, I hope this will be fixed in a future update.