Notices

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Singapore
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
Might be due to some incompatible packages link?
Never mind. I did a full reinstall (after the necessary backups) and my N900 is now happily (?) running the long awaited PR1.2! Of course, the first app I installed was MobiTifo, and ... Well, there is some work to do as you have reported. I'm now in the progress to upgrade my development environment to use the latest MADDE which promises two major improvements; support for Qt 4.6 and an emulator on Windows! This should make my life easier .

Don't expect any new releases the next couple of days or so as I'll be too busy on other things (like work...).
MobiTifo (which was formerly known as QSportsEvent) - Sports leagues tracking (mainly football).

I've not used this app, so apologies if these suggestions have already been incorporated:

Calendar integration - it could be good tobe able to export fixtures to the device's calendar (so you can see what's clashing with the most important games!). I would have thought this would need to be able to select that only certain fixtures get exported or only certain fixtures from those selected get an alarm set. The ways to select would want to be:

Whole tournament
Knockout stages only.
Fixtures in particular group.
Fixtures featuring particular country.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following User Says Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
and if you use the calendar with a time converter to the zone the phone use

also if you finally make other sports app a primary launch app is a good idea as someone pointed earlier

Originally Posted by leviathan18 View Post
and if you use the calendar with a time converter to the zone the phone use
Actually, that shouldn't be a problem as long as the output iCal file has the timezone it is using included; the Calendar app should then be able to display it in whichever local time is selected, even if the local timezone changes.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
FIFA starts in approx 12 days , any news on an app?

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Singapore
Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
The ways to select would want to be:

Whole tournament
Knockout stages only.
Fixtures in particular group.
Fixtures featuring particular country.

Thank you for your suggestions! I will consider them for the next version. Now with Qt 4.6 and the QtMobility library, calendar integration should be reasonably easy, I think...
MobiTifo (which was formerly known as QSportsEvent) - Sports leagues tracking (mainly football).

hi Magnuslu,

any progress on this app? Up and running, safe to install?

thanks for ur work! Cause it would be unacceptable not to have a world cup app for the n900 ))

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Venice, Italy
Thanks Magnuslu for your time and effort!
I hope it will be ready for the beginning of the world cup :-)

Originally Posted by magnuslu View Post
Thank you for your suggestions! I will consider them for the next version. Now with Qt 4.6 and the QtMobility library, calendar integration should be reasonably easy, I think...
Another thread has prompted a thought... if you used a Smart Calendar, it could update the fixtures in the calendar with scores and populate the knock-out fixtures with the teams who qualify for them.

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
Another thread has prompted a thought... if you used a Smart Calendar, it could update the fixtures in the calendar with scores and populate the knock-out fixtures with the teams who qualify for them.
I have used the BBC world cup calendar.
It is linked to my google calendar and I have synched that to my N900 calendar. It is supposed to populate the next stage fixtures itself