Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
lol if someone fancies trying to compile ofono to run on android ill give phone a go lol because i cant get it to build. dont mind giving someone access to me build box to do tests
Is there anything that you can do to speed up the dual boot progress? At least that would mean that without the phone working it would be easier for tmo members to test android and then just reboot back to maemo afterwards when the phone is needed.

In android itself, maybe you could look at getting the accelerometer to work!

These are just suggestions and ultimately it's up to you what you work on next but thanks for all your hard work on this project so far, we all look forward to any progress that you make.

The Following User Says Thank You to byte_76 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
I'm so excited to hear that wifi is partially working!!

Android will be on my phone as soon as phone function or wifi works
I've been following this forum for a while, just haven't said much cause i wouldn't know how to help or fix my phone if i run into a problem. However I'm very grateful for all the hard work you guys are putting in this dj_steve and e-yes!

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
yea dual boot is being looked at... market will be looked at further once i find the code to tell android when keyboard is open(it doesnt realise it is at min)

wifi works on the rootfs i posted earlier fully works

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 1,019 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
mountd is deprecated, who knows if it will be dropped completely in near future (i.e in froyo release)?
vold2 is another option, but I don't remember if set/unset SYSFS_DEPRECATED is required for it.

As far /sdcard is always mounted and Android is not functional with back cover removed mountd or vold is not really needed at all. However, we need tell to Android card is always mounted and mount it from script at boot time.

Phone functionality would make this brilliant as it is the biggie, as if it didnt work it'd be the only thing making me want to run maemo.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
I believe that phone support doesn't need for nitdroid project. Full functionality to support games & applications(accelerometer, gps etc) is important. I know it's very difficult but these are my expectations.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
I believe that phone support doesn't need for nitdroid project. Full functionality to support games & applications(accelerometer, gps etc) is important. I know it's very difficult but these are my expectations.
What about apps that need a constant data connection i.e 3g

Phone is def going to be looked at deeply

Do you need someone to keep nitdroid.com up to date?

Closed Thread

Tags
android, cool stuff, froyo on n900, nitdroid