Posts: 145 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland

Trolled :P

LED flash is as close as iPhones can get to flash.

No really, iPhone 4G is a really great phone in some aspects. I just do not like the fact that the platform is a closed one...

If you remove flash from the "full" browsing experience there is just nothing more than a device with an "A4" processor (mostly A8) and slim looks. And pinch to zoom (99% drool for that alone).

This may be another thread of iPhone 4G but I consider this to be important for the community to have some conversation over this matter...

Is iPhone 4G a competitor for the N900 or are they incomparable because the buyers/devices are so different? Will this result into some well-deserved response from the Nokia-all-so-quiet-about-Flash 10.1-for-N900 or will Nokia concentrate on the future (N8 and MeeGo)?

Last edited by AtteK0; 2010-06-08 at 18:10.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!

I cant believe it! An iphone 4 thread that actually is in off-topic!!

Thank god you take the lead. i just pray everyone follow your example

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Again, oh the irony of someone complaining about iPhone being a "closed" platform, and then rejoicing that the N900 has Flash, which is closed by definition.

Starting to see it?

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Stop joking about iPhone 4! If you don't love it, please leave and buy a n900! You will not have fart-apps, you will not have apps at all, but you will be very happy with that wonder open environment... (ehhhm... crucial drivers not included)
01-26-10 , 01:09 PM ... 05-26-10 , 05:41 PM
...A PLACE TO REMEMBER...

R.I.P.

N900 killed me... please, tell my friends "BLAAAABLABLABLAAAHHHHH"

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Lol

All i know is that through iPhone 4, Apple will pump a considerable amount of pro-HTML5 device+users that are appealing to content producers (apps, websites, media, etc). Ie: they can pay.

Look at how many sites cater to that segment today, by counting the number of sites that offer iPhone-style/compatible mobile version today and you'll get a good idea/estimation of what would happen to html5.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by CrashandDie View Post
Again, oh the irony of someone complaining about iPhone being a "closed" platform, and then rejoicing that the N900 has Flash, which is closed by definition.

Starting to see it?
The irony is that the iPhone's get 3 major OS revisions (which equates to roughly 3 years) of support and the Maemo devices do not.

And community support in the past still have problems with the closed bits, in an open platform mind you, are still closed years after the fact. It's true for Diablo, it's going to be true for Maemo 5.

Ironic indeed that an "open platform" has closed bits that can't be updated, won't be opened to the community that will bear the burden to support it - something that's never bore fruit before - and... it's "open".

There are better things to say than this. The ability to build *.swf files is open. The Flash Player isn't open sourced, but the ability to make the stuff that plays in it is open source.

And Steve Jobs... he has to sell folks on getting Safari (mobile or desktop) installed onto more computers. And hides behind the "open source" Webkit based browser and yet releases a "Safari only" HTML5 demo site, whereas HTML5 a standard for all browsers.

Irony indeed.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
whereas HTML5 a standard for all browsers.
As I said in another thread, the HTML5 and CSS3 are only drafts at this point. But anyway, gerbick, I believe we're agreeing on a lot of points.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Yeah, I think we do agree. I just think our place where we place our "irony fulcrum" in this whole thing is in a totally different place.

iPhone has never been about open anything... not unless you mean open up more revenue for Steve Jobs and company. Nokia... they're all about open source but don't exactly support it nor give the community enough bits to continue full support.

That part, they fall waaaaaaay short. Guess I'm still a bit upset over Mer being a 100% failure and I can't get updates for the closed bits on Diablo that remain closed for... God who knows why.

No Flash on the iPhone, I don't even miss it. Until now, I hated using the browser on that phone and would rather use my N810's browser. But now... can't even view my own work because I can't update the browser or update the Flash Player.

Feeling really boxed in on an open source device.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Adobe flash on the iphone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVA2pdKikYI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dmhE...eature=related

Although it is stutterry and rendered remotely...

Last edited by imperiallight; 2010-06-10 at 13:28.