Posts: 44 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Netherlands
It worked! The first time I mess worked X terminal and it worked, I now have my FM transmitter in teh status bar
@MohammadAG: Thanks for the instructions
@qwerty12: Thansk for writing the code.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Fr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
With the FM Transmitter off:
Many thanks for this applet. I think it would look nicest if there was blue text saying "Off" under the words "FM Transmitter" when the transmitter is turned off, like the Bluetooth applet.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
@OM

Could be done, easily, but I need to know how many other people would be interested first.

@YoDude

Thanks! Alas, not all of Nokia's many closed source stuff is as trivial to clone.
You could probably make something custom with Quick Launch and http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=689762. My MAFW stuff isn't stable so you'd probably not want an applet from me... :\

@pelago

Makes sense.
Library: http://www.freemoe.org/users/qwerty1...s_menu_item.so
Source: http://www.freemoe.org/users/qwerty1....11+0m5.tar.gz

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
@OM

@YoDude

Thanks! Alas, not all of Nokia's many closed source stuff is as trivial to clone.
You could probably make something custom with Quick Launch and http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=689762. My MAFW stuff isn't stable so you'd probably not want an applet from me... :\
Thanks for that dude!

Looks like...

Code:
dbus-send --dest=com.nokia.mafw.renderer.Mafw-Gst-Renderer-Plugin.gstrenderer /com/nokia/mafw/renderer/gstrenderer com.nokia.mafw.renderer.next
...is all I really need and quick-launch will serve that purpose. WooHoo!

It's amazing the things we can learn here when we are not acting like.. 's.

Thanks again.

SLN member # 009

@YoDude

Worked like a charm dude!
(files attached)

BTW, I haven't even begun to look at your code on this yet so forgive the niavette...

Can Alan's FM-Boost code be added to the enable function for one stop rockin'?

EDIT: Zip added because of questions about the status bar in the screeny.

Originally Posted by Me via PM to another party
A couple of things I've learned about this file (N900:\etc\hildon-desktop\status-menu.plugins) are...

Do not remove what is in the original file or you may loose that associated functionality. For instance: If you remove the Battery entry because maybe you don't like it or suttin', your device will no longer recognize when the charger is plugged in.

Likewise for Bluetooth etc.

With that said make a back-up of the OEM file first.

Any third party Status Bar app can be used in the status bar but it will not have a permanent assignment here if it is not included in this file as you may already have found out.
>> http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=66

You can however change the order of the permanently assigned entries as I have found out.

ZIP will soon be attached to that post of mine that you refferenced...
...A new zipped archive should now be attached to this post.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip yonext.zip (1.9 KB, 124 views)
File Type: zip etc hildon-desktop.zip (1.7 KB, 121 views)

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2010-06-12 at 15:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Can Alan's FM-Boost code be added to the enable function for one stop rockin'?
If you have FM Boost installed, try this variant: http://www.freemoe.org/users/qwerty12/boost_variant/

FM Boost runs - I made sure of that - but since fmtxd always sets my power level to 118 automatically, I couldn't verify that it's actually running in time.

Since this has no settings window of its own, this is not a customisable option - the only way to not make this applet run FM Boost is by moving/deleting/renaming/burning/drowning/strangling /sbin/fm-boost.

Also, (this may be an advantage or disadvantage depending on how you look at it) because it does not actually give the command to turn on the transmitter itself, it can only monitor when other programs/applets have done so. So it will always enable FM Boost despite what application turned on the transmitter...

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
If you have FM Boost installed, try this variant: http://www.freemoe.org/users/qwerty12/boost_variant/

FM Boost runs - I made sure of that - but since fmtxd always sets my power level to 118 automatically, I couldn't verify that it's actually running in time.

Since this has no settings window of its own, this is not a customisable option - the only way to not make this applet run FM Boost is by moving/deleting/renaming/burning/drowning/strangling /sbin/fm-boost.

Also, (this may be an advantage or disadvantage depending on how you look at it) because it does not actually give the command to turn on the transmitter itself, it can only monitor when other programs/applets have done so. So it will always enable FM Boost despite what application turned on the transmitter...
Yea Man!

We be one stop rockin' up in this place.

It even preserves the notification bar the pops up to tell you what power level it is set to and...

Code:
- $  cat /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0063/power_level
,,,confirms it.

It still drops to 88 when the charger cable is plugged in but that is to be expected. A simple disable then re-enable with your clone solves that.

Dude, I'm tellin' ya. Your utilities should be in a collection ala, Peter Norton...

Give me dibs on North American distribution though.

SLN member # 009

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
It still drops to 88 when the charger cable is plugged in but that is to be expected. A simple disable then re-enable with your clone solves that.
Download it from the same folder again.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Brilliant!

SLN member # 009

Download it from the same folder again.
I've been rockin' this in the background non stop for over two days now with no problems using every program in my kit.
This is definitely a shippable unit.

I now want to find where the notification banner info is located. The one that the simple-FMTX widget installed remains after that no longer needed widget has been uninstalled, As a result, the power level banner pops up at the beginning of every song. Not a show stopper but for some it may be an annoyance and for the malcontents it will be something that they will fixate on. Even though your effort has not a dang thing to do with it.

When I find and kill the sucker, I will post here how I did it in case others can use the info.

Best regards dude.

SLN member # 009