I didn't know you could flop before release

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
N8 hasn't even started selling yet. it will be Nokia's high volume high end phone no doubt.
and it supports QT, so it can't fail

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
and it supports QT, so it can't fail
Well it surely can fail but it's a bit hard to be failiure yet as it's not selling.
I honestly think it will do ok while it will not be N95 seller even with half of the starting price compared to N95.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Long Island, NY
i think the S series will be meego...if u think abt it...all the N series phones r symbian...except the n900...the newest os with nokia is meego...therefore they just might start callin it S-00...idk...thats just my thoughts.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by ppriyank View Post
i think the S series will be meego...if u think abt it...all the N series phones r symbian...except the n900...the newest os with nokia is meego...therefore they just might start callin it S-00...idk...thats just my thoughts.
no. meego is included in n-series.
s-series will be phones like this one: http://www.nokia.de/nokia/presseloft...o-gold-edition

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
While Meego will be the future high end for Nokia i really hope they keep the number of devices down. Symbian went bezerk in 2006-2007 when it went to mid price range. There where many marginally different phones and only the high selling phones really got support.

Samsung seems to be doing pretty much exactly the same thing as Nokia did back then.

Quite the opposite imo. The more the (MeeGo) devices, the more the adoption of MeeGo will be. And this will drive more developers to the platform and directly/indirectly lead to a vast (and perhaps quality) Application library.

The fact that Qt & Linux can be served in such a cross-platform solution will only multiply that.

For once I see that Apple is actually playing catch-up in its own field. I mean Apple started the smartphone revolution but HTC expanded it with the G1 and Nexus One. So the best chance for MeeGo is today and if it could serve killer hardware, great software integration, include tasty functions (from desktop os linage) and show promise by releasing a tablet (its the craze) with 1:1 App compatibility with the phone device.

These are all possible, perhaps even easy with the tools (Qt), that needs to be available now. As soon as Froyo arrives, iPhone 4 released and the Google tablet is released, things are going to look more obsolete for MeeGo.

i still think that's too many devices.. I think need 5 maybe 6 at the most..

-High End Meego phone
-High End business class (like blackberry)
-Mid range Symbian (Like n9)
-Social Network Centric phone (like the Kin)
-Low end Symbian (Something you get for free or for 50 bucks with a contract)

I don't know why Nokia needs 16 different models. It's harder to support and more difficult to manage internally. I think part of the reason the iPhone is so polished is because that is the only phone Apple works on. Not 16 different iterations of the almost the same thing.

Last edited by sevla; 2010-06-09 at 15:01.

there will be far more meego devices. not only from nokia (two devices till mid 2011), but from other manufacturers, too.
nokia will be the lead, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by sevla View Post
i still think that's too many devices.. I think need 5 maybe 6 at the most..

-High End Meego phone
-High End business class (like blackberry)
-Mid range Symbian (Like n9)
-Social Network Centric phone (like the Kin)
-Low end Symbian (Something you get for free or for 50 bucks with a contract)

I don't know why Nokia needs 16 different models. It's harder to support and more difficult to manage internally.
Some high end users may want no keyboard, some may want one. Some business users may want none, bb-style, or n97-style. Same for mid range.

I'm glad they offer so many options, and it seems like they're working to keep the internals as similar as possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to jnwi For This Useful Post:
N9 is confirmed to have a keyboard.