Notices

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
been waiting well over 20mins mate, all it does is install the extras repo again then app mgr stays open but becomes inactive, i know its inactive cos i can immediately open downloads and install something within a few seconds, if app mgr was waiting to install something id get an 'operation in progress' banner,
i give up like

Installed ok. First time I was also too fast and closed the App Manager before the installation started. Next time waited a bit and it did it. After the reboot the little widget is there, will see tomorrow how good it is

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ England
missing wget.

run apt-get wget and come up with an error, ran as root of course.

dpkg -i dont work either.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Groningen - Netherlands
The app installed successfull. But The notification lights now dont work anymore. Also if i place the widget on the desktop, the notification light is always on in white. More experiencing these problems?

Rudi

Pleeeeeaaaaaaaaaasse , move this app. to Extras.....it need 10 days to approve. right? i can wait....

Originally Posted by DeRRudi View Post
The app installed successfull. But The notification lights now dont work anymore. Also if i place the widget on the desktop, the notification light is always on in white. More experiencing these problems?

Rudi
Yes it's definitely doing all kinds of things to the notification light. I'm liking this widget alot, but that should really be fixed.

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Switzerland
soo my is installed ..see s-shot ..

but in app manager there is a update with the same version number .. and when I try to install there comes a failure note...
Attached Images

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Notification light is a known issue, well it's been reported to them. It can easily be fixed by the following, courtesy of Mohammad AG and OVK:-
Originally Posted by MohammadAG
Code:
Nokia-N900:/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0032# cat engine1_mode
disabled
Nokia-N900:/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0032# cat engine2_mode
disabledMCE is closed, the app has to disable engines 1 and 2 (my keyboard pattern disables engine 3, then restores it when it finishes). The app should re-enable them when done, but it doesn't. Restarting mce should restore the LEDs and haptic feedback.
stop mce && sleep 1 && start mce as root in terminal
Yes, this helped!
So if this problem occurs just launch Xterm and type (as suggested by MuhammadAG and you must have rootsh installed)

sudo gainroot
stop mce && sleep 1 && start mce

Thank you!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
aaaaaaa. how come that i have just installed the widget successfully ! but there are nothing ???? i tried to search for the widget in the 'add widget' option and even in the menu, but still no hope to find it. the fifa worldcup is just about to happen in 30 mins....this is really driving me crazyyyyy....

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Again, for anyone having problems installing this (rootsh has to be installed)
Code:
sudo gainroot
wget http://mohammadag.ucoz.com/maemo/pelota-widget_1.0.0-1_armel-communityfixed.deb
dpkg -i pelota-widget_1.0.0-1_armel-communityfixed.deb
apt-get -f install
rm pelota-widget_1.0.0-1_armel-communityfixed.deb # or keep the file, as you wish, it's in /root
You can use CTRL+I or the on screen tab button to complete filenames