Notices

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Many people still use 0000, that's why the default random BT PINs were introduced...

hi
i would be extremly gratefull to se super bluetooth hack on n900

The pairing PINs are irrelevant if the BT stack is buggy (less of a problem these days).

But yes, there is no point in porting script-kiddie tools; legitimate pen-testers have their own scriptable tools anyway and those genuinely interested in learning new things (as opposed to just griefing or messing around for the lulz) want to learn the real-deal and thus have no use for point-and-lulz script-kiddie toys.

This is a techie community, script-kiddies are laughed out.

Those genuinely interested in learning the technology are generally assisted once they have proven that they do not need or want to be spoon-fed everything.

The GSM modem commands for all the standard operations are very well documented all around, vendor specific codes should be easy to find as well and all this is easily scripted in Python. The harder part are the BT stack hacks (to avoid having to trick the victim into pairing with you) but the publicly known ones (as opposed to the ones that are bought and sold in the underground exploits market) are explained in various publications (if you lack the skills to use the information then maybe you should learn a bit more...).

The interested member-of-public has many legitimate reasons for studying hacking (maybe they want to be pen-tester one day?) and that means a lot of hard work and investment in some test equipment: You do not test with other peoples equipment without permission and unless you are a jerk you will not ask for permission from your friends (if something goes wrong you will seriously mess their device and even if you pay for a new one or repair it's a few days they will have to manage without one and then restoring all the backups [if they have them...] etc, a major pain, not something a friend would inflict on a friend.)

In conclusion: script-kiddies can GTFO, those genuinely willing to learn should start by doing a bit of their own research before asking for more pointers (just to prove they actually want to learn this stuff), read Bruce Schneiers blog.

Asking for scrip-kiddie tools is a sure-fire way to get yourself branded as one (asking for more sophisticated pen-testing tools without good explanation why you can't port them yourself [if you know how to properly use them you should know plenty about programming...] will get you labeled as a wannabe and an idiot).

Full disclosure: I used to work in infosec (F-Secure), haven't been doing it in a long while now (though I try to keep up, at least on some level), never was any good at finding or making exploits myself.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rambo For This Useful Post:
Thank you for taking the time to write that post. As somebody who is involved, I wholeheartedly agree.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by q6600 View Post
hi
i would be extremly gratefull to use super bluetooth hack on n900
Me too, can this be done?

Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
Yes. But nobody is going to do it for you.

Check out the bluez protocol stack and all the AT commands and stop using junk written in java to read your 13 year bffs texts.

/elitism

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
i would like to have it on our n900!! is anyone going to make something like this???

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
...and how much would you pay