Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 171 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, uk
Just loaded it - seems great Thanks for all the work on this (and to nokia too!)

Last edited by zail; 2010-06-13 at 11:52. Reason: read the thread properly and found the answer to my question!

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
can you please make an applet on the top for easy switching?
I made 2 very basic shortcuts in about 10 minutes that you can put in a quciklaunch bar (dlled from repositories) or just put on the desktop!

One will enabled the protrait keyboard and one will enable the QWERTY default landscape one

Keyboard Switcher

Hope that helps

Enter key doesn't work in Micro B.

No portrait mode in email.

Anyone?
Thanks

Finally had an hour to spare and modified w00t+frals' source for qwerty support

I've sent a merge request so its over to w00t/frals to determine its inclusion, However let me know what you think of the layout ideas (even as simplistic as it is).

Regards,

eternal

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to eternal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Eternal, many many thanks to you.

I would've done this myself by now had I been something other than a complete newb. I like. One thing is that you can compress the letter keys at the bottom of the three letter rows. I think if you make them equal sized it looks a little better and allows for an extra button or two. However, it's still good as is now, and if it stayed like this I wouldn't mind using it.

Namely, it allows for three keys in landscape and two in portrait. This would allow for splitting out an extra commonly used symbol or two, or, better yet, give us access to Ctrl and Alt keys. (Speaking of which, can anyone remind me if the N900 has an Alt or Tab key equivalent button combination? It's got Ctrl, Shift, and Fn, and Maemo has Ctrl+Shift+Backspace to replace more common commands, but what if I wish to Alt+Q to quote selected text in a forum post or tab to the next entry box in a page? Possible?)

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2010-06-14 at 05:37. Reason: Expressed extra suggestion.

Originally Posted by eternal View Post
Finally had an hour to spare and modified w00t+frals' source for qwerty support

I've sent a merge request so its over to w00t/frals to determine its inclusion, However let me know what you think of the layout ideas (even as simplistic as it is).

Regards,

eternal
wow how can i get that keyboard?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I find it hard to believe it's hard to understand that that keyboard isn't currently available. It says in the same post that he submitted the pictures that he's asked w00t and frals to merge it into their project. so either he or someone else will submit it themselves, or you'll get it when frals, w00t and whoever else is working on this get around to adding it to the next version.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
They look great eternal, except I would suggest making the third row keys the same width as the first two, simply for the fact that it would be odd to have a better chance of hitting the z,x,c,v,b,n and m keys than the first two.

How you pull this off, I'm not certain, I guess add a couple of other useful keys to the third row.

Edit: You could move the shift key to the left of the z key and the backspace to the right of the ,. key which may do it. It would also be similar to the current vkb that way.

Otherwise, excellent work.

Last edited by Laughingstok; 2010-06-14 at 20:46.

Am i REALLY the only person here with an Enter key that doesn't work in Micro B?

Tags
hit and run, worthless