Notices

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by nokiaisbest View Post
still not running..
how do I send you the file via private message?
Click on my name above this message and hit the "Send a private message" option.

Thanks!

Just an update on things.

The Foursquare API returns everything in UTF-8 encoding, but internally Barriosquare is converting strings to ASCII in places (this seems to be a simple oversight by the original developers). So as soon as you check in to anything with a non-ASCII character in the venue name or if you have friends with non-ASCII characters in their names, etc, things start going wrong.

The crash on boot bug appears to be a manifestation of this.

This will possibly take a bit of work to get right, so bear with us. This issue is at the top of the list of things to fix though. I've got a whole lot on at the moment and have spent a lot of time on barriosquare lately getting it working with PR1.2, but I will try and get this issue resolved as soon as I can.

In the meantime, if there's any keen Python/Qt developers out there who want to hack away on the code, feel free to clone it on gitorious at http://www.gitorious.org/barriosquare and send me merge requests

Cheers,

Scott.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scottrNZ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by scottrNZ View Post
Click on my name above this message and hit the "Send a private message" option.

Thanks!
Done! Let me know if I can help you with something else

Scott, there seems to be one more bug on barriosquare. it's not adding new contacts to the list on the phone. the contacts that show up are the ones that i had on 4sq when i signed in thru barriosquare. anyway i can fix that?

Ok so got it installed but can't seem to do a lot when I click on the compass button it comes up with the sign in button thats merely pointing at the settings button, but no where to sign in. I did try to previously sign in but it crashed!

GPS seems to be working though as when I go on my information a little map shows up..

Originally Posted by flameboy View Post
Ok so got it installed but can't seem to do a lot when I click on the compass button it comes up with the sign in button thats merely pointing at the settings button, but no where to sign in. I did try to previously sign in but it crashed!

GPS seems to be working though as when I go on my information a little map shows up..
@flameboy you're not having much luck When the signin process crases, barriosquare doesn't deal with it very well and gets into a half-signed in state. You'll need to open an X Terminal, remove the /home/user/.barriosquare directory and restart barriosquare. This is a known bug and will be fixed at some point. Cheers.

Originally Posted by scottrNZ View Post
@flameboy you're not having much luck When the signin process crases, barriosquare doesn't deal with it very well and gets into a half-signed in state. You'll need to open an X Terminal, remove the /home/user/.barriosquare directory and restart barriosquare. This is a known bug and will be fixed at some point. Cheers.

@scottrNZ Noob here, now i can access the barriosquare dir through xterm, but cant figure out which files to remove to reset barriosquare.. could you please let me know? thanks!!

I can't seem to send a private message so here's what the log says:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/barriosquare/bootstrap.py", line 83, in <module>
    appwindow.setAttribute(QtCore.Qt.WA_Maemo5StackedWindow)
AttributeError: type object 'Qt' has no attribute 'WA_Maemo5StackedWindow'
I wonder if the new alpha of Panucci which also doesn't open is suffering from the same issue.

Originally Posted by hotzigetty View Post
@scottrNZ Noob here, now i can access the barriosquare dir through xterm, but cant figure out which files to remove to reset barriosquare.. could you please let me know? thanks!!
Remove the /home/user/.barriosquare directory itself:

rm -rf /home/user/.barriosquare/

Cheers, Scott.

The Following User Says Thank You to scottrNZ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by frozensummers View Post
I can't seem to send a private message so here's what the log says:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/barriosquare/bootstrap.py", line 83, in <module>
    appwindow.setAttribute(QtCore.Qt.WA_Maemo5StackedWindow)
AttributeError: type object 'Qt' has no attribute 'WA_Maemo5StackedWindow'
I wonder if the new alpha of Panucci which also doesn't open is suffering from the same issue.
@frozensummers - this looks like your installed version of Qt isn't up to date. I'd suggest installing the "Python Qt4 Full Install (PR1.2)" package from the application manager and trying again.