Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by noipv4 View Post
Does Samsung make the phone for NOKIA?
No, the N900s are all made in Nokia's factory in South Korea (apart from some pre-production ones which were made in FInland).

The Following User Says Thank You to floffe For This Useful Post:
My battery in this example was indeed made in china. the fake one i had was made for a part in korea and hongkong.

atleast we cant blame nokia anymore for their poor batteries!

Lets spam the samsung forums now with all the poor battery threads!!

Oops sorry I wasn't clear, when I asked about the cell. (I was intending to imply the Lithium Polymer cell )

The battery that I have is made in China. But the phone is made in korea.

Does Samsung make the phone for NOKIA?
No, Nokia makes it's own phones in it's own factories(other than couple of CDMA phones some years back). Nokia usually uses much less of Samsung parts compared to some other manufacturers.

Iphone for example is mostly Samsung parts and the phone itself is put together by Foxconn.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
its kind of funny to read about this. normally you never hear about these things.

thanks for the info tissot

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2010 @ galveston, tx
Here's an URL with details of every hardware component on the phone.
http://www2.electronicproducts.com/Nokia_N900_Mobile_Phone-whatsinside-90.aspx

The Samsung battery model listed is ICP553856A

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noipv4 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zimmerit View Post
Has anyone tested Japod BL-5J in N900?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32398

I have had Japods in other Nokia phones and they have performed well. I have no equipment to test the capacities but they seem to be as good as promised what comes to runtime..

(Nokia energy profiler gives 1105 mAh capacity for Japod BP-6MT in a Nokia E51, but don't know if it can trusted)
Ok, here's some good stuff on Japod Battery.
I have a very good chinese colleague, and asked him to look up the manufacturers of JAPOD battery (by translating the chinese text on the battery). Guess what, apparently they are OEM battery manufacturers of Apple iPOD batteries.
Their parent name is Jie me te.

Anyhow, I ordered this battery from dealextreme, last week. Will let you guys know the capacity results using battery monitor.

Ok, here's some good stuff on Japod Battery.
I have a very good chinese colleague, and asked him to look up the manufacturers of JAPOD battery (by translating the chinese text on the battery). Guess what, apparently they are OEM battery manufacturers of Apple iPOD batteries.
Their parent name is Jie me te.

Anyhow, I ordered this battery from dealextreme, last week. Will let you guys know the capacity results using battery monitor.
The Japod battery arrived, an I tested it for two days. The capacity is lesser than the original BL-5J.

The battery looks like it's a 1000mAH capacity, even though 1350mAH is printed on the cover.

With the Japod battery, upon full charge, Battery monitor shows a capacity drop from 1250mAH to 950 mAH within a few minutes of use.

The Following User Says Thank You to noipv4 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 116 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Thank you for the review. Too bad that they failed with it so badly, I thought that it was a very respectable brand to be chinese.

I could still take a risk and test one to see if you got a bad example

I'd place Samsung as one of the top-3 manufacturers of Li-Ion cells, in terms of quality and capacity. The other two would be LG and Sanyo.

Unless you're someone big like Nokia, they wont even sell you battery cells, so it's pretty darn unlikely for some small third party battery manufacturer to have been able to obtain samsung/etc cells...

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ California
This is a bit off topic but a couple of weeks ago I ordered and received this from Ebay---->OEM Battery, OEM Usb data cable and a battery charger for $25 w/free shipping.

Checked the battery voltage and mAh with NetMon and everything is legit!!
Flash Memory: ADATA 32GB SDHC CL10-RA1
Overclocked to 1GHz [Titan's Kernel]
-----------------------------------
Other Device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1653766084.png