Notices

Poll: Do you need Time Workshop packages for other systems?
Poll Options
Do you need Time Workshop packages for other systems?

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Moscow
This is a stopwatch and countdown timer with some extra features.
Main features:
  • Any sound file supported by the system can be used as the timer alarm.
  • The time display precision can be changed from hours to milliseconds.
  • Countdown timer can be set up to 24 hours. Stopwatch's limit is much further then the computer's.
New in this version 0.3.1:
  • Pauses Media player on alarm and resumes the playback after it.
  • Extra layouts can be selected in the settings dialog. Two are included in the package. See screenshots 1-3 for the built-in, "colors" and "sidebuttons" layouts.
New in 0.3.0
  • Preset buttons: some or all settings can be saved to quick buttons and used by a single click (or tap).
  • Marks list shows saved stopwatch times and time elapsed from the previous mark with editable comment (screenshot 4).
  • The marks can be saved to a file (CSV, HTML or XML).
Testing QA page for this application: http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...eshop/0.3.1-3/
This program can also be built for desktop Linux and MS Windows. In desktop version timer window can be transparent and stay on top of other windows.
For advanced users: timer layout and style can be defined in a special file like supplied layouts.

It's about 10-25% of the features planned for the final version 1.0. In the next version 0.4 it will be possible to create unlimited (from the program's point of view - in real world you can run out of memory and other resources) number of timers and real-time clocks and multiple displays for them with different options. I don't know when it will be released because I haven't enough time for it. If you want to speed up the development consider to become a sponsor.

Notes about the poll: I can create packages for desktop Linux and MS Windows. WinCE version is very slow on my Glofiish X650, because of Qt performance on this platform. Packages for other systems (MacOS, Symbian and MeeGo) can be created only if someone will be kind enough to donate me a device with it.
Note for the Russian-speaking users:Package name is localized. Look for "Мастерская времени" in the Application Manager to install it.
Attached Images

Last edited by slobodsky; 2010-06-07 at 12:32. Reason: Notes about the poll

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to slobodsky For This Useful Post:
Binaries for some desktop systems available here:
MS Windows full installer with Qt and other libraries - I've tested it on Vista only.
MS Windows bare binaries archive download this if you have Qt 4.6.2 for MS Visual Studio 2008 installed. You'll have to unpack and create shortcut in the programs menu by hand.
Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid) 32-bit packages - tar with .deb packages. Unpack and install with
Code:
sudo dpkg -i libtimeshop_0.3.1-4_i386.deb timeshop_0.3.1-4_i386.deb
Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid) 64-bit packages - tar with .deb packages. Unpack and install with
Code:
sudo dpkg -i libtimeshop_0.3.1-4_amd64.deb timeshop_0.3.1-4_amd64.deb
Since this thread shows zero interest to this program I'm going to stop release stable versions and desktop packages until v1.0 and concentrate on implementing planned features.
Small roadmap:
  • multiple displays for every timer with different content and options, for example, time from stopwatch start, time to alarm and time from the last mark at once.
  • multiple timers in one program
  • unlimited presets
  • clocks with alarms
  • extended alarms: command execution and some predefined actions like sound profile switching
  • more complex alarms conditions
  • plugins system
Attached Images

Last edited by slobodsky; 2010-06-16 at 14:34. Reason: Add screenshot from Ubuntu version.

The Following User Says Thank You to slobodsky For This Useful Post:
haven't tried it myself. I have to say thanks and looks brilliant.

The Following User Says Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Thanks for making this app, although I haven't tried it myself. From the screenshots it looks a bit complicated, but powerful for people that need to run multiple timers.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
At this time it's simple enough and have only one timer and four preset buttons. More timers will be in the next version, it's about 30% done. I'm thinking how to make it convenient to add/remove/switch them. (But don't post your ideas here, it will not help me, I have too many of my own.)

I like the app - but must be dense in that I cannot figure out how to change the preset time amounts.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
1.Select "Settings" from the main menu and change current timer settings in the "Timer Settings" dialog.
2.Select "Save Preset..." from the main menu and choose a button to assign current settings in the "Button" drop down list. Tap "Done" and the button will be changed.

Or you want to change the number of preset buttons? It's not possible to do this from the interface and config files aren't user-friendly.