Originally Posted by johnel View Post
The only people who can write a Flash plug-in is Adobe..
Not really.

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/

http://swfdec.freedesktop.org/wiki/

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
i think its Q1 2011/2012 rather than 2010

The Following User Says Thank You to amiraseri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
want it, pay for it or grow your market big enough to where you will not be overlooked.
It seems you summed the nature of the market up quite nicely. Maemo is no where near the size of any of the mobile platforms that receive flash 10 attention. Nokia would never be able to justify paying for it, lol

"like junkies people want thier hit and willing to sacrifice anything"

Sure I love the idea of an open web and would love all the technology we use to access it open source. In reality their a way too many third parties involved in every part of the internet making too much money.

Being open source will not guarantee any level of quality or customer support that Adobe offers. Sure there are some open source projects that arguable do offer these things and maybe BETTER! but they are mighty hard to establish "gnash SWF v7+ compliant" so I wont get my hopes up for an open rich media platform as great as flash anytime soon. ( Especially one with the market penetration and community flash has )

you know what. i know a guy. I am gonna call in on a few favors. Dont you guys worry i will have this whole flash 10 craziness sorted out before monday of next week. we will have flash 10 as soon as i ruffle some feathers. you just wait and see

The Following User Says Thank You to andraeseus1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
you know what. i know a guy. I am gonna call in on a few favors. Dont you guys worry i will have this whole flash 10 craziness sorted out before monday of next week. we will have flash 10 as soon as i ruffle some feathers. you just wait and see
Kevin Lynch?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Matan, can swfdec or gnash play Facebook video? If so, we're set!

Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
Awaiting Good News...Cant take the "Please Update" Message...

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by neotalk View Post
There may be some hope still......i have been speaking with nokia technical support about this issue. They have stated that flash 10.1 is coming but are very vague about when. The last email(yesterday) i got said the following:

Hi Neo,

This is a follow-up email regarding our call. I want to inform that I called adobe and they said that they don't have official statement when they will release flash player 10.1. The news/release date will be posted on their offical website, WWW.ADOBE.COM. THX

Ren
N900 Tech Support
This seems a generic reply and has nothing to do with the N900. That is the default response given for Android's version of 10.1- Final release (the real one with actual GPU support).

All are still beta releases (current is r3). As Adobe has already clearly stated, it is up to the OS and / or carrier to request and assist with resources to make 10.1 happen for platforms/devices currently not planned. Only ones planned right now are Android and WP7.

It is up to Nokia to tell N900 owners what their plans are. If there are no plans for 10.1- just tell people and stop leaving them hanging.

Nokia (with all due respect to their fans), kind of sucks in the customer relations & PR areas. Actually, they suck real bad, IMO.

Last edited by Rushmore; 2010-06-21 at 16:14.

Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
...All are still beta releases (current is r3). As Adobe has already ...
Nope... they went up to RC7 and 5 days later RC7 became official Flash 10.1. You can go to adobe.com and download this right now. (No like before from labs only)

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Matan, can swfdec or gnash play Facebook video? If so, we're set!
I was trying to set Gnash many times long time ago on EasyDebian but doesn't work at all . Any clues?

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update