Active Topics

Notices

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
rebhana: Maemo doesn't seem to use /etc/gnome/defaults.list and I want to be able to port this back to the old N8x0 tablets...

Also, /usr/bin/dbus-switchboard-shim looks like it is supposed to do what you're looking for with the osso PDF reader...

ruskie: I have figured out how to get mailto: working. Just add it to the .desktop file along with the other protocols. Next version will have all the protocols listed...

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ USA
this maybe off topic(sry) but is there any way to get QTrapids to work. thanks

edit: ive went to the dir but it just opens rapids not the torrent

Last edited by humble; 2010-06-19 at 16:43.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by qole View Post
rebhana: Maemo doesn't seem to use /etc/gnome/defaults.list and I want to be able to port this back to the old N8x0 tablets...
I see.

Also, /usr/bin/dbus-switchboard-shim looks like it is supposed to do what you're looking for with the osso PDF reader...
In the above edited post I've written down how I finally did it with dbus-send. Is that OK or is it essential to use dbus-switchboard-shim instead?

Do you agree that osso pdf reader should be there for those who don't have evince?

Any comments on my trouble with x-dvi and mimeinfo.cache (also in the edits to the corresponding post)?

Looking at /usr/bin/dbus-switchboard-shim
Code:
#!/bin/sh
#ugly hack to allow dbus switchboard to 'sink' to a hildon/dbus app
run-standalone.sh $1&
sleep $2
dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=$3 $4 $5 string:"$6"
the number of parameters does not look compatible with the MediaPlayer entry:
Code:
MediaPlayer,cli,dbus-switchboard-shim com.nokia.osso_media_server /com/nokia/osso_media_server com.nokia.osso_media_server.video.play_media %params%

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-06-20 at 07:26.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Since one of the newest version of dbus-switchboard, there's a change in the camera app. After you shoot a photo, there's a bottom icon you can press and opens the photos default application - but after dbus-switchboard the photo gets opened in the browser.
Also the application manager opens photos (jpgs) in the browser instead of the photos application.
<br />
This could be either a feature or a bug
I prefer the old association to hildon-image-viewer, though. Hope that can be restored.

EDIT: I tried to associate jpg files with this xref:
Code:
dbus-switchboard-shim com.nokia.image_viewer /com/nokia/image_viewer com.nokia.image_viewer.mime_open %params%
trying the various types of parameters, but images don't get opened.

Last edited by debernardis; 2010-06-21 at 08:09.

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
I tried to associate jpg files with this xref:
Code:
dbus-switchboard-shim com.nokia.image_viewer /com/nokia/image_viewer com.nokia.image_viewer.mime_open %params%
trying the various types of parameters, but images don't get opened.
According to my previous post, this would not work unless you have corrected dbus-switchboard-shim to take only 4 parameters. Is this the problem?

The Following User Says Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Yes, thanks Rebhana, the problem was that one.
Now I associated jpg files with
Code:
dbus-switchboard-shim image-viewer 0 com.nokia.image_viewer /com/nokia/image_viewer com.nokia.image_viewer.mime_open %params%
and it works - jpgs get opened by image_viewer both from file manager and from the photo application.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Since one of the newest version of dbus-switchboard, there's a change in the camera app. After you shoot a photo, there's a bottom icon you can press and opens the photos default application - but after dbus-switchboard the photo gets opened in the browser.
Also the application manager opens photos (jpgs) in the browser instead of the photos application.
Hm, in my case photos still open in the photos applications, even without your fix!?

In my defaults listing, I have image/jpeg associated with hildon-image-viewer.desktop. Have you changed all your defaults to dbus-switchboard?

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-06-21 at 17:48.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
I would be very pleased if someone could help me with my problem.

I'm trying to associate '.abw' files with Easy Debian Abiword. I already created '.abw' xref and added 'debbie abiword' under handlers, but association doesn't work. Obviously something is missing in my steps!? On the other hand association between Abiword and '.doc' files works well.

I hope that is not so difficult to resolve, because my linux knowledge is quite limited.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
kolos: Does dbus-switchboard start when you tap on an .abw file? If it does, do you get a yellow banner saying that no handler was found? If so, what does the yellow banner say?

The ultimate debugging tool is to open a terminal, and enter:

dbus-switchboard.py

...then try to open the file, and post the output from the terminal here, everything after "dbus-switchboard started".

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post: