Hey all .. i wanted to know, in Qt, how can one detect with how much pressure the screen is being pressed when a project is on the N900 ?.. Can anyone help me on this ?

I'm not sure if it's possible with the n900's screen, not with any kind of real accuracy anyway. However, you might want to check out http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.6/qtouchevent-touchpoint.html and try pressure() it to see if it works.

Code:
qreal TouchPoint::pressure () const
Returns the pressure of this touch point. The return value is in the range 0.0 to 1.0.
If this doesnt work, what you may be able to detect is how much of the screen is being pressed, for example a light touch of a finger tip compared to a jolly big prod with a thumb. Or the length of time an area is touched. However I'll be interested in your results to see if it works consistently.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2010-06-26 at 01:03.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Doesn't one of the paint programs on here do that? Do a search for the announcements for the paint programs. I'm sure one of them gets this info somehow. It may not be available directly in QT, but if you know how to do it in another language maybe someone can write a device specific module for it?

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
The program is most likely mypaint. It detects pressure fairly well and is written in python. I think some wrote a small testing app/script for pressure.

good luck

x

Last edited by xman; 2010-06-26 at 07:10. Reason: spelling

Pressure reading should be very accurate if we had the software working...
The example script is here:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8435
There is a bug report on this - vote for it!

The Following User Says Thank You to anders_gud For This Useful Post: