Originally Posted by vivainio View Post
You should see real items in widgetsgallery, just like you used to in the old n900 version. Try "widgetsgallery -software". If that's still broken, you have a problematic installation; I've seen these packages work on ubuntu installations in several different computers.
I'm not sure what 'empty' means. If it means they're all red (or green), then it's a problem related to the theme.

One thing you might try: the program the loads the theme has to be run with a specific graphics system. On maemo5, IIRC, we used '-graphicssystem native', but I guess that depends on the platform - try the specific ones - 'raster' or 'opengl'.

I assume you have the theme installed ok? It's a separate package on gitorious.

Note that, if you don't have the theme daemon running, then the application will attempt to load it itself with built-in code. The daemon helps when you run multiple applications and widgetsgallery should work just fine without it. IE, you can ignore messages about failing to communicate with the daemon.

Note that we have some more widgetsgallery (etc) packages up on extras-devel for maemo5. Unfortunately, we put in the wrong 'Section' for meegotouch-demos-widgetsgallery, but you should be able to install it just fine from the command line. I expect we'll have the Section fixed tomorrow and so the Application Manager will notice it and set the 'update' icon flashing for people who have the previous version installed.

HTH.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davidmaxwaterman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 222 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by davidmaxwaterman View Post
I assume you have the theme installed ok? It's a separate package on gitorious.
My packages have functional meegotouhtheme at least...

Note that we have some more widgetsgallery (etc) packages up on extras-devel for maemo5. Unfortunately, we put in the wrong 'Section' for meegotouch-demos-widgetsgallery, but you should be able to install it just fine from the command line. I expect we'll have the Section fixed tomorrow and so the Application Manager will notice it and set the 'update' icon flashing for people who have the previous version installed.
Are you depending on qt 4.6 or 4.7? Meego Touch recently broke Qt 4.6 compatibility, I'm not sure whether they got it fixed (or decided to fix it) already...

'QmlReddit' reads Reddit!

Originally Posted by vivainio View Post
My packages have functional meegotouhtheme at least...

Are you depending on qt 4.6 or 4.7? Meego Touch recently broke Qt 4.6 compatibility, I'm not sure whether they got it fixed (or decided to fix it) already...
4.7...the experimental packages.

The Following User Says Thank You to davidmaxwaterman For This Useful Post:
This worked: "widgetsgallery -software". Thanks again.

Posts: 222 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by davidmaxwaterman View Post
Note that we have some more widgetsgallery (etc) packages up on extras-devel for maemo5. Unfortunately, we put in the wrong 'Section' for meegotouch-demos-widgetsgallery, but you should be able to install it just fine from the command line.
I can confirm that apt-get now works, and the widgetsgallery demo now seems to work fine.

However, I don't seem to be getting the page transitions when navigating between pages... animations in general work fine though.

'QmlReddit' reads Reddit!