Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
seems like a pretty stock response ossopenia maybe it cuts more now that the dust has cleared but that was the official line. you cant have it both ways maemo homeboys, getting insulted when someone says its for developers and incensed when someone says was for commercial release.
pardon me?

I presume that was at least partially adressed to me? I can't understand a thing...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
i am sure it is not an uncommon occurence

The Following User Says Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
Looks likeYOU didn't do you research buddy! Everywhere that sells the N900 clearly marks it as an experimental devices that is step 4 of e^(26) of the way to an actual mass market device that will come sometime in the year 2525. Even now it comes with FREEDOM. Sure it isn't as functional as that shiny pair of handcuffs that does eveything you want, but we gotta stick it to THE MAN!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
just as I expected: you are unable to see it for yourself. that is probably why it has gotten worse.....
And I'm the one that's bitter? One finger pointed at others means three more are pointed back at yourself.

I'd rather just keep this very far from personal and just keep it at a level where we just will agree to disagree.

Nooooooo keep it going its the only thing getting me through Monday. I needed some light comedy

The Following User Says Thank You to Neegs For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I've combined the two threads about Android on the N900 into one, called "NITDroid Engadget article".

I'm not used to all this noise in my sleepy little Alternatives forum!

Last edited by qole; 2010-06-28 at 16:35.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Isn't it great we can put other OS on our n900s? Without having to resort to exploits or jailbreak? That said, did people consider the android port can't be used as a phone? In meego we are working towards this goal with ofono plugins and open telephony stack. Transplanting that to android's not very linux userland will be a significantly large task, even if all the relevant sources are available.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
The strength of the n900 lies in having Easy Debian, Maemo, Android and Meego soon etc (with a hardware keyboard and resistive screen) IMO.
I guess if Nokia are paying a team to get a version of MeeGo on the n900 its a good thing, even if some goodwill has gone.

DJ_Steve seems pretty confident that he can get telephony working for Android.

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
sorry qole, im notused to getting 60k+ views on a video in under 72hours either lol

The Following User Says Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Isn't it great we can put other OS on our n900s? Without having to resort to exploits or jailbreak? That said, did people consider the android port can't be used as a phone? In meego we are working towards this goal with ofono plugins and open telephony stack. Transplanting that to android's not very linux userland will be a significantly large task, even if all the relevant sources are available.
DJ_Steve is working on it.

What I loved best about the NIT was being able to do whatever you want with it. Something I think most people don't realize since this forum was renamed from Internet Tablet Talk to talk.maemo.org.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Tags
delete me, worstthreadever