Notices

Hi Guys,

So far the only games i've been playing are angry birds, zen bound and pokemon fire red (using VGBA, runs perfect btw!)

There's lots of threads out there but I was wondering what everyones favorite rpg/adventure game they play to occupy themselves with on their N900! I'm bored of pokemon lol! Would like another adventure games! Ones where you level up and collect things

Happy to try out emulators etc!

Many thanks!

Im currently playing ff7 on psx4all emulator i love this game

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worcester
Final fantasy VII works perfectly on the PSX4all emulator. Try Chrono Trigger on the SNES emu too, its probably the best 16bit JRPG I know of.

Last edited by devensega; 2010-06-28 at 16:34. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to devensega For This Useful Post:
Oh yea I love final fantasy games! Is that a case of download PSX4all from app manager, then search for a Vll rom say through google and copy it accros once unzipped via usb?

Is it a playable speed then? Or would it best to play one of the less demanding older ones like 4 or 5?

I'm actually going trough Broken Sword 2 again using ScummVM and I plan on going trough the Monkey Island's next

I've seen Beneath a Steel Sky but haven't played it yet.

They're all graphical adventures, not quite RPGs but still pretty close.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
How about one (or all) of the GemRB engine games (Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate 1+2, Icewind Dale and PlaneScape IIRC)? You probably need to have the actual game disc to legally be able to play it, but I think the engine itself (GemRB) is ported to Maemo.

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worcester
It is playable at full speed once you change the cycle speed etc. This is all done through the emulators GUI so its easy enough. Look at the psx4all thread for exact settings as I have forgot.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ United States
My vote goes to Final Fantasy III for SNES. A game I always loved and would love to see is Super Mario RPG, though it currently doesn't run on drnoksnes. Anyone know if that game will ever run?

Last edited by drums4life687; 2010-06-28 at 17:18.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
everyone keeps saying ff7 runs perfectly, have any of you played past the bit with the submarine? because its crashes and no-one has a solution and its bloody annoying to say the least! i wouldn't reccomend starting it until theres a fix because its rather disappointing!

i would however reccomend any of the lucasarts games using scummVM, they're classic!

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
- Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (FM Town version) is my all-time favorite
- Sam & Max Hit the Road
- Day Of The Tentacle

All playable with ScummVM

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post: