Active Topics

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2010 @ galveston, tx
So the kick stand spring / lever broke loose autoMagically today. The n900 is less than 2 months old. I feel that the plastic rivets are too flimsy to hold this steel lever in place.

What could be the best method to fix it back? I am thinking along the lines of a epoxy glue.
Attached Images

Just order a new battery cover?

The Following User Says Thank You to breakd0wn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
buy a new backside or go into a store and switch it from a demo device two suggestions...one good and one bad

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the suggestions Appreciated!

Here's the results of the epoxy fix :P

I think $20 for a new cover is a bit too rich for my wallet.. since the design of the cover is a bit shoddy and the engineer in me would not allow me to repeat the same mistake twice
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noipv4 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rochdale UK
how did the glue fix it, pictures still look like it's broken =(

Please follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/marcdixon

Originally Posted by marcdxn View Post
how did the glue fix it, pictures still look like it's broken =(
The epoxy is a very strong glue and holds things strongly, once it sets. It's difficult to convince though with the picture

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rochdale UK
ahh you know i always find it funny seeing photos of n900s posted its like i almost think the only camera anyone owns is indeed the n900 its self !

i remember having to take a photo of mine and i was stumped for 5 minutes with where i'd find another camera device to do it =)

Please follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/marcdixon

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Ireland
Buy a glue gun in maplins and hot glue it on, might be a cleaner job.

Originally Posted by marcdxn View Post
ahh you know i always find it funny seeing photos of n900s posted its like i almost think the only camera anyone owns is indeed the n900 its self !

i remember having to take a photo of mine and i was stumped for 5 minutes with where i'd find another camera device to do it =)
I completely understand what you mean. Infact these pics are using my N95-1. Yup I still have it, though using it w/o a simcard, mainly as a bluetooth enabled camera.

Thanks for the suggestion. Just realised, I did have a glue gun, but unfortunately didn't have glue sticks that go with it.