Active Topics

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Malaysia
Hi guys,

just got my N900 last week, pretty awesome and getting more awesome with advices from this forum.

The Following User Says Thank You to fuyoh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Another N900 user here. Hello to you all. :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to datalifeplus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Hi all
Just got my N900 and having fun with it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pawni For This Useful Post:
Hello everyone.
Very excited to be joining this forum. I just bought a Nokia N800 on Ebay and it s for me (even with the new N900) is a marvel. But even buy it mainly because Linux study. Well this is my presentation Thanks everyone. Pidgin already installed, I have connected a Bluetooth receiver and all prefect. What I want is to install Debian Turbo with the image that is, to install full versions of Open Office type. Please show me a link of this very detailed. And I read the forum posts but not able to specify where the meeting as I install applications will be stored? in the internal or external card 2GB I have (are 2 cards)? this can be done?. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to saul1905 For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I am also sort of new but I was blinded by other threads when I started and just right now seen this "Hello" thread so I've popped in to say hello!
I had several pdas and smartphones before getting a N900 and this little thing rocks!
I like it even more so after I’ve discovered it can run garnet applications I’ve used in the past on my Treo. I like emulators and VMs. Will be even happier when Wine is running natively on it as well.
So much to investigate! So little time! Husband will have to iron his own clothes in no time! LOL!
Thanks for this very helpful forum.
Cheers!
Wovenstringz

The Following User Says Thank You to wovenstringz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Hey, pretty new here, too! ... And I need more posts to be able to send personal messages!

I ordered my N900 the same day I knew it existed. This happened quite late. :/ It's incredible I finally own the device I've been waiting for so long. It's my super-micro-mobile-pc. It's everything I need except a resistive multi-touch display, more RAM and USB host mode support. But I can live without these...

Cheers,
Daniel

The Following User Says Thank You to 0x47 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland, Valkeakoski
Hi from me too!

I've had my N900 for a few weeks now. Before this magnificent black box of linux magic I had N97 and I have to admit that I didn't have to use N900 for many minutes to just fall in love with it :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to ostimper For This Useful Post:
Hi!

I got my n900 yesterday and still trying to wrap my head around it. The filesystem is a maze, sheesh!

The Following User Says Thank You to GugloPWN For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Malmö, Sweden
My N900 is hopefully in the mail. I've been waiting for 6 months, browsing the forums, bookmarking apps I'm planning to download, and trying to learn the ups and downs of this phone, sorry: mobile compuutah. And now I could finally afford it.

Sometimes I get worried. There's a lot of complaints and bug reporting. But then there seems to be a lot of commitment as well. (Though maybe not from Nokia.) I think it will be OK... I'm not totally unfamiliar with terminal stuff and some basic editing - I did play around with my older brother's C64 when I was a kid (20 years ago) and that taught me to think "computer" - but I have not been keeping up to date with programming since people started using PC's. The moral of this story? I guess I am just thinking out loud.

I think the open source community is clever and interesting and I am sometimes tempted to investigate all of these languages/platforms/systems people are talking about, like debian, Qt and what-have-you. But I don't think I have the time to become a real contributor... not before all the h4xxors have already moved on to the next generation. (Any female coders out there at all?)

I am looking forward to a stable psx4all to play FFIX, gonna try and find a 64emu for nostalgia. Other than that, I mostly need a calendar. An expensive, colorful calendar.

So that's a little about me, device-wise. (Oh, yes, I'm currently using a borrowed X1 and I can't stand Windows Mobile.)

Hopefully I'll get the phone sorry, mobile compu-blah, after the weekend. And then I can start the painful head-against-the-wall-banging customization process.

Cheers from Sweden,
Monster

Edit: Got it. Feel more plastic than I imagined. The X1 certainly has a more expensive feel and sturdy keyboard. But I love the crisp screen and that it plays standard video formats.

Last edited by monster; 2010-07-07 at 07:47. Reason: update

The Following User Says Thank You to monster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Detroit, MI
New N900 user here. Coming from E62, E51, E71 Nokias to Maemo-powered feels great. I'm used to my home/work PC running Ubuntu, so I'm at home with Maemo. And community support is the greatest. With you guys this device will not get outdated any time soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to arcticrobot For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org