Active Topics

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Lemme guess. You're going to respond with "WHY ARE YOU RESPONDING IN THESE FORUMS, EH!?" or something therein, right?

If so, get in line. I think about 4 other folks are ahead of you in that line.
Nope, I just was wondering if you were speaking from experience or not. Nothing more. I don't care either way.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Let's see. I was talking about the forum, as it was during the ITT days, you know... 2007, 2008, early 2009 and how badly it's gotten due to the misinformed folks, the villains, cads, curs, scallywags, angry folks, and recent influx of obnoxious posters like the OP, and the such... and I don't have "experience"?

Hmmm. Interesting.

Oh... you meant the N900? I don't recall talking about it other than a question I leveraged earlier and I qualified it "I don't have access to the loaner at the moment..."

If you meant something else, then you sure as hell need to make it clear son. Because as it stands, the attitude of folks in these parts has turned downright nasty.

Care to add to that? You seem ready to for some unforeseen reason.

Guess I need to purchase the N900 to finally hush up that last bit of vitriol that you people seem to hold onto. And then what? Invariably next would be that I got a N900 after you lot... thus my indoctrination into Maemo 5 is lesser than yours.

Can't win, can I? Lord forbid that I drive up to the office tonight, let myself in, get the N900 and continue this discussion

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by venemo View Post
okay!
And why did you have to share this with us?
I mean, okay, go for whatever you like, but why do you think we care?

jajajaja i love it!

The Following User Says Thank You to ajjara For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by terryowen View Post
Everyone seems to be mad at Nokia for abandoning the N900 but have you ever tried to get support for older versions of Windows Mobile? Or a Palm phone?
I think the difference is that the N900 is hardly out of the door and Nokia is apparently abandoning it. Same thing happened with the E70, they discontinued it less than a year after they launched it.

Most of the issues now seem to be software and software is fixable. Eventually.
Nokia will most likely want to sell you a new phone rather than fix problems on "old" phones.

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Nope, I just was wondering if you were speaking from experience or not. Nothing more. I don't care either way.
I find gerbick's experience very important. He had the phone for a long time and in the end he chose not to buy one. That says much more to me than someone who invested in it first and than got to experience it. I really need to buy a phone soon and the N900 is the only one I actually want, but I can't just ignore negative views. Those are usually the ones that hold the truth.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to giladmttw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by giladmttw View Post
I find gerbick's experience very important. He had the phone for a long time and in the end he chose not to buy one. That says much more to me than someone who invested in it first and than got to experience it. I really need to buy a phone soon and the N900 is the only one I actually want, but I can't just ignore negative views. Those are usually the ones that hold the truth.
There are a lot of posts like this, if you're not sure, then make sure you are sure.

Like many, many before me have said, the N900+Maemo are the most open, most Desktop like GNU/Linux based mobile device out there. If you want a device that will literally do what you can do on your desktop/laptop, but put it in your pocket (performance aside) then the N900 is your only choice.

There are bugs a plenty, but no show stoppers IMO, the flexibility is worth the N900's weight in gold :P

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Malmö, Sweden
Originally Posted by terryowen View Post
/.../ If people get tired of writing papers about Buffy or Star Trek, gadget addicts would make fascinating subjects. :-)

Terry
OT: Please refer me to any Buffy-app you know of

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
I think the difference is that the N900 is hardly out of the door and Nokia is apparently abandoning it. Same thing happened with the E70, they discontinued it less than a year after they launched it.
Not true.
The N95 had a firmware update after 2 years of its release.

So, what you're saying is just pure speculation, and I'm having none of it.

BTW, you already know that the next big thing, MeeGo, will run just fine on the N900.
The only thing is that it's not gonna come to you over the air, and you can't complain if it's not working correctly.
(So, they're calling if officially unsupported.)

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Why do we even argue? There are at least 20 threads in which all the N900's shortcomings and N900's strengths are discussed at length.

Want a Nexus One? Buy a Nexus One. Love the N900. Good for you. I love it too. Want an iPhone? Buy an iPhone. Angry at Nokia? Go to: http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/ and post there. Want to sell? Try ebay.

Angry at Maemo? Post HERE. This is a Maemo forum. Not an iPhone forum, not an Android forum and not a Nokia forum. If HTC made a Maemo device it'd be welcome too.

Please don't keep creating these topics. Personally I am only interested in new apps/game and development of them. Or new ways to hack your phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pantera1989 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Africa View Post
First off, this is not a runt, it just might give someone out there the strength to move on from what is clearly a failed product. I have to say i have loved nokias, i have been a nokia fan since the very first phone i owned(Nokia 8210).. to name a few, ive had N95 - N958GB - E90 - iPhone 3G - N900.

I was estatic when i fisrst saw the new N900 on the adds and the spec sheet, I was one of the first to own it. Once i owned it, I really tried to love the N900, but it just got worser by the day. It seems everyone else knew it was a joke, coz when i tried to sell it, no one wanted it! or only offered to take it for almost nothing. when i sold the 3G, it practically appreciated. (im not saying apple is better, id take the N900 any day over any iPhone, including the iPhone 4)

So right now im waiting for my Nexus One. Thats the phone i should have bought from the very beginning. Oh, i ended up giving the N900 to a sibling, for free!!!
Give someone the strength? Talk about an arrogant comment. You think you are some sort of smart-phone user therapist?

How about FINDING the strength to learn the language? "Worser"?

Small wonder you never became proficient on the N900. Sophisticated devices like this one require literacy on the part of the user.

Go post your joy on the Android forums. They have more room for useless threads like this one, that does not provide a single speck of information concerning the device you are touting. It seems you approached it the same way you did the N900.

And I disagree. You ARE a runt.

Tags
delete me, fanboys gallery, user fail, worstthreadever