Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by Azzhanlon2004 View Post
ive tried going on following the instructions but after i go to run the program it says

no such file or directory???
Okay, where did you untar the original file to? Let's say it was on your Memory Card. And let's say your roms are on your memory card in a folder called games. Then you would type this (there's no carriage return in the command, it just gets wrapped when I type it here):

/media/mmc1/Mupen64plus/mupen64plus /media/mmc1/games/StarFox64.n64

Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Okay, where did you untar the original file to? Let's say it was on your Memory Card. And let's say your roms are on your memory card in a folder called games. Then you would type this (there's no carriage return in the command, it just gets wrapped when I type it here):

/media/mmc1/Mupen64plus/mupen64plus /media/mmc1/games/StarFox64.n64
this was one of my questions earlier which i didnt get i ran the extract code line starting wget zxf or woteva it was but nothing happened whaat program do you use to extracr a tar file?

I just found out that if I hold "F" that the game fast forwards. Surely there should be a way to permanently enable this?

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Azzhanlon2004 View Post
this was one of my questions earlier which i didnt get i ran the extract code line starting wget zxf or woteva it was but nothing happened whaat program do you use to extracr a tar file?
Just use the command:
Code:
tar zxf Mupen64Plus.tar.gz
Make sure you downloaded the file with "wget" via xterm and not just by pressing the link in the OP. (I made that fault the first time)

this will prob help me.
when you download the file code.
wget http://..... etc
it downloads but were too?? i cnt find it when i go into my file manager.
where will i find it?

Originally Posted by slartibartfass View Post
Just use the command:
Code:
tar zxf Mupen64Plus.tar.gz
Make sure you downloaded the file with "wget" via xterm and not just by pressing the link in the OP. (I made that fault the first time)
thats what i did do.. but nothing happens it just goes onto the next line to which i run the next code..
mkdir .mupen64plus
then i get the code that it exsits but i cant find it in my file manager

anyone know how to save?

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
thats what i did do.. but nothing happens it just goes onto the next line
thats ok, there is no message that it has extracted, but it did.
mkdir .mupen64plus
then i get the code that it exsits but i cant find it in my file manager
it just doesn't show in the filemanager (I'm not sure why, I think its because of the dot or because the file manager only shows whats in MyDocks, but that doesn't matter), it exists, and thats good .

Now what does it say if you type the next command?
The "mv" one?

ps: i'm a real linux noob, don't sue me, if i'm saying something wrong, i'm just trying to help, because even I could get this working .

Last edited by slartibartfass; 2010-07-03 at 20:42.

Now what does it say if you type the next command?
The "mv" one?

ps: i'm a real linux noob, don't sue me, if i'm saying something wrong, i'm just trying to help, because even I could get this working .[/QUOTE]

when i do that line it says
mv: cannot rename '.mupen64plus/*': no such file or directory

really annoying me lol ive got every other emu working i just wanna play zelda oot.
just completed zelda link to the past 4 sword... what a game!!!

Just a question. What do you all mean with "the sound is very glitchy"? I use jttl_audio and it works flawlessy when, for example, running MK64 time trial (not GP - it slowed everything down - even if the SOUND worked, when I enabled it), or F-zero X time trial. And no, I've not overclocked. Hoever, I use frameskip=4 for getting it fullspeed that way.

Someone should make an UI, or at least automate this with a script, so everyone could play it properly (yes, i know others have said this, just saying).

Last edited by FIQ; 2010-07-03 at 20:53.

Tags
emulator, games, mupen64plus, nintendo, nintendo64