Active Topics

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai, UAE
its scheduled to release in india soon so i call this bull!

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ United Kingdom
Vodafone UK have not discontinued it yet, though have been told to remove from display. it is still stocked though thin on the ground. certainly not any recalls due to usb problems. In fact it has a very low return rate.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gaffney, South Carolina, USA
Its a linux tablet device with wide community history [N Series] and solid development support from the community ... its never really discontinued even if that happens officially from Nokia. That's one of the strengths of the device, as long as the community embraces it, it will remain viable. Hardware's is going to be up to code for awhile as with many high end devices in the past.

I'm not surprised availability of the N900 through carriers is low. Since it's an un-locked phone, there's less incentive for carriers to sell it.

There's even less incentive here in the US where the N900's 3G frequencies are only compatible with T-Mobile.

But you can certainly get it from plenty of other places. Like 77 different online retailers...

Happy to field questions where I can help.
================================================

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Guildford, UK
I received my N900 yesterday direct from Vodafone.co.uk, I got it as an upgrade. I ordered it on Friday and it was shipped out Monday morning. So for now at least, it's in stock with Vodafone UK still.

Great device by the way, absolutely loving it. Such a huge upgrade from my N95-8GB

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit
I ordered one from Dell USA s they lowered the price to 440USD+tax . I thought Nokia may release an upgrade for N900 on the 13thApril.

I'm quoting exactly what my friend was told upon ringing Vodafone...it could possibly have been o2 actually, can't remember what network he's on now...

He was told all of that then recommended the N97 as an alternative, the person on the phone just could not sell him the N900.

I just got one in Ireland, but it was hard to find! Many of the O2 stores near me only had one in stock, or has just sold the one they had in stock.

They said they were having trouble getting it in stock, but that was mainly because of the high price point, and that the network expect demand to be very low.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
So basically, people from Brazil, Denmark, Finland, Greece, CPW, Vodafone & UK can still get the N900?

I conclude the assertion "N900 Discontinued?" is bulls***.
since when is a phrase with a question mark in the end called an assertion?

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-09-18 at 10:07.

Originally Posted by Varanus261 View Post
Vodafone UK have not discontinued it yet, though have been told to remove from display. it is still stocked though thin on the ground. certainly not any recalls due to usb problems. In fact it has a very low return rate.
Well they have now, i broke my N900 and now cant get it replaced so its either a Nexus1 or Desire for me now . Vodafone UK have discontinued the phone. This came from the man in store and when i called the insurance company up as well to be sure

im gonna miss my N900 though

The Following User Says Thank You to Neegs For This Useful Post: