My MicroUSB port no longer works and I cant charge or connect the phone to my PC, and so obviously it needs to go off for warranty repair (If they try that water damage **** I am GONE from Nokia).

I currently have a custom kernel running at 1ghz and I cant uninstall or reinstall the nokia one, doing it through X-terminal says it cannot be downloaded when using the command "apt-get install --reinstall kernel kernel-flasher
"

I have around 30% battery remaining, what can I do?

Will this make any difference if I send it to nokia for repair?

Last edited by tobylee; 2010-07-05 at 08:07.

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by tobylee View Post
My MicroUSB port no longer works and I cant charge or connect the phone to my PC, and so obviously it needs to go off for warranty repair (If they try that water damage **** I am GONE from Nokia).

I currently have a custom kernel running at 1ghz and I cant uninstall or reinstall the nokia one, doing it through X-terminal says it cannot be downloaded when using the command "apt-get install --reinstall kernel kernel-flasher
"

I have around 30% battery remaining, what can I do?

Will this make any difference if I send it to nokia for repair?
I guess it depends on where you live. I went to a Nokia Care spot and said My usb is broken, will you fix. the guy said yes. I said don't mess with my software, the guy said ok. 3 hours later I got my phone back.

Either way you can just use the flasher the phone and it will be back to the original kernel, just to be safe

I think you'll do with 30%

EDIT what I mean is I think you'll be able to flash it with 30% battery. I'm making no sense today.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Last edited by mece; 2010-07-05 at 08:17.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by mece View Post
I guess it depends on where you live. I went to a Nokia Care spot and said My usb is broken, will you fix. the guy said yes. I said don't mess with my software, the guy said ok. 3 hours later I got my phone back.

Either way you can just use the flasher the phone and it will be back to the original kernel, just to be safe

I think you'll do with 30%

EDIT what I mean is I think you'll be able to flash it with 30% battery. I'm making no sense today.
Kinda hard flashing when USB doesn't work

The Following User Says Thank You to ToJa92 For This Useful Post:
I have the same problem, except for now i can still get it to charge with a bit of wiggling and poking, i was planning on using the uninstall kernel icon in the app menu (no idea if this will work though) but i still need to find out if there are any other files i need to delete, i dont have a pc so cant reflash.

If i fry my cpu then thats my fault, but i believe nokia should fix what is an obviouse design flaw.

does anyone know is it posible to reinstall PR1.2 OTA through xterm? and if so what is the command?

thanks in advance

Matt

I live in the UK and there is a nokia care spot in town so I'll go today. It worked night but has required some jiggling and an object underneath the usb to place it at a downwards angle, then I moved my phone to by the side of my bed and it stopped working completely.

How can I flash without USB?

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
Kinda hard flashing when USB doesn't work
Oh right. yes, I'm an idiot.

apt-get --reinstall install mp-fremantle-generic-pr

should reinstall firmware
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

I tried using the uninstall kernel and nnothing was workign so I turned my phone off to save battery. Then I saw mece's new post and turned it back on

NOW ITS STUCK IN A BOOT LOOP AND WONT TURN ON

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by tobylee View Post
I tried using the uninstall kernel and nnothing was workign so I turned my phone off to save battery. Then I saw mece's new post and turned it back on

NOW ITS STUCK IN A BOOT LOOP AND WONT TURN ON

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Just get them to replace your connector, and if they want to flash it then they'll probably use Flasher anyway so they won't even notice that you have a different kernel.

Ok thanks. Hopefully that is the case.