Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by giannoug View Post
Haha, you are the man

Now we need 3D acceleration.
To my best understanding D_Steve and Jay-C are making good progress on this. Last i herd, he is using Moto Droid Milestones driver, making it work on Nitdroid Enclair (2.1) (since droid runs enclair), then porting it to Froyo (2.2) after it works

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
kernel-nitdroid_2.6.28.NIT.02_armel.deb
deb package which installs the kernel modules and flashes the zImage kernel (latest one by Jay-C atm).
Working on a deb which unpacks the rootffs, which should make installation much easier.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
can we install this and will it safely update? thanks!!

Another idea I had is to modify bootmenu in order to mount images instead of partitions. Then we won't have to partition the SD card. We will provide an EXT3 image and bootmenu will mount it

EDIT: Studying bootmenu.sh... Many things for N810 / N800 inside. Let's see what can be done.

Last edited by giannoug; 2010-07-05 at 09:52.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to giannoug For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
can we install this and will it safely update? thanks!!
Maemo booted up for me (no bootloops).
For users who used the manual method, it should just overwrite the files (and make future upgrades easier - hopefully).

Although I've tested this, should anything bad happen (bootloop), just reflash this stock kernel image (you will not lose any data)
http://mohammadag.ucoz.com/zImage.bin
with
Code:
flasher-3.5 -k zImage.bin -f -R
Updated the file above with a newer restoration script.
Another idea I had is to modify bootmenu in order to mount images instead of partitions. Then we won't have to partition the SD card. We will provide an EXT3 image and bootmenu will mount it

EDIT: Studying bootmenu.sh... Many things for N810 / N800 inside. Let's see what can be done.
imho, this should be done as an option, rather than removing the existing method

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
ok i thought id try to clear up some of the questions in here with a mega post (well not that mega but a large one )

Current N900 Status:
* FroYo(2.2) is main Build,
* Eclair(2.1) Is Available due to extra available features(working emmc etc)
* Donut is NOT going to be used on n900, except internally by me as i know donuts code better so can hack round things to test options.
* Battery monitoring works in eclair without R&D but is not brillantly reliable - hacked battery service to do it.
* Battery reporting in froyo works only on the R&D enabled builds for the moment. e-yes has it working on his development non r&d build but it is not stable enough to release yet.
* WiFI Works in all builds but is not perfect in eclair/froyo due to driver not providing all required details to android - wpa_supplicant has been modified to get around this - wifi also requires a reboot after first load on android to work.
* Bluetooth should be getting sorted out soon. and should work without trouble in android
* Backlight/keyboard lights and accelorometer in froyo work in e-yes dev build (see above), accell eats far to much cpu at moment to be stable though.

ok now for currently working on/waiting to be looked at parts:

Currently Being Worked On/Looked into:
* Charging/more reliable Battery Monitoring - partially working but not stable
* PowerVR SGX Acceleration/3D Graphics - not working yet, cant initilize device as yet but android does load the libs fine so should be too hard to get around.
* Phone/3G/GSM - no huge progress here but being looked at by a few people
* Improving AutoInstaller/creating deb based installer - not related to android dev but still being looked at

Not Currently being looked at or waiting to be looked into:
DSP
Overclock
Fixing CPU Scaling (currently nitdroid tends to lock cpu at full clock)
Additional power management
Lock Switch - may not ever work in nitdroid as its not something any android device has except the samsung galaxy i believe
GPS - cant even be looked at before phone works

hopefully that helps clear some things up

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK

i think the bootmenu was a very very rough port from n8x0 in first place thats why so many users have problems booting android at moment

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
imho, this should be done as an option, rather than removing the existing method
Yes, you are right. But it must be done first

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Maemo booted up for me (no bootloops).
At first reboot I saw the bootmenu three times before I got into maemo (installed your .deb on a clean flashed N900 with just some apps and bootmenu but no changes in kernel or anything like this).

Originally Posted by weißelstone View Post
At first reboot I saw the bootmenu three times before I got into maemo (installed your .deb on a clean flashed N900 with just some apps and bootmenu but no changes in kernel or anything like this).
Unstable framebuffer. It happens with Nokia's stock kernel with framebuffer enabled, so it's not a problem with the deb.

Oh and I've noticed that it's reproducable when a USB cable is plugged in.

Closed Thread

Tags
android, cool stuff, froyo on n900, nitdroid