Posts: 101 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
To the op, the call quality u explain when ur talkin to ur mate is the same when I speak to my ex and ONLY when I speak to her via a normal phone call. she has an iphone 3gs from o2 and when it starts going crazy all words are just fuzzy and mashed but she can hear me. like ive said I have NEVER had this with any other caller, just her.

I've had no problems with skype voice quality (to phone and to skype) over wifi.

i use skype over 3g and it is flawless. the call quality is exactly the same as GSM (or at least my ears can't tell the difference. ).

Well , i have noticed a terrible quality drop in skype calls after pr 1.2
Even worse , N900 to linux skype is terrible. The other person can hear me just fine, but i hear lots of hiccups and i have to hang and call again... A little overclock have improved the situation calling to windows skype. But most of my friends and family uses linux so n900 is unfortunately a bad choice to call linux users , at least mine is.

I have also had bad experiences with Skype and 3G since 1.2. In fact I get better call quality using 2G. I know I have no problems with speed because I haved no broadband at home so use 3G tethering from my laptop and when I can't stand Skype on the N900 anymore I move to my laptop throught that same connection and it is fine.

Same here. Skype works well over th wifi but as soon as i will switch to 3G my call wont last longer then few secs and then hiccaups starts. It seems that internet on N900 drains loads of resources and hardware is simply not sufficent to keep up with call. Im with T-mobile UK and made base interne speed test and download was at 1.5Mbps while upload was 380kbps what should be enough to make a call. i wonder is there any way of changing skype quality to lower parhaps that will solve the problem. BTW. my mate has E71 in 3 network and it works flawlessly. Shurly there must be the way to sort it out.

Anyone having problems should submit a trouble ticket with Skype. I did and I think if more people do it we have that much more of a chance that they'd fix it in 1.3. My 3G here in LA is about 5 Mb/s down and 1.25 Mb/s up so I know its not a bandwidth issue.

Vote for the bug in my signature. I am facing similar problems although with sip connection. The calls gets minced few minutes into the call however the remote party can hear me well.