Closed Thread
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
okay so i had this working 0.4...

then i updated the rootfs to 0.5 but now it wont boot..

since it was working i also overclocked maemo..

i didnt update kernel either..

please help....!!!

thanks
You need to flash the newer kernel.

If your lappy is downloading the file just fine, then skip the autoinstaller and do it manually.

Have you tried it while attached to 3G? If it works on 3G then you know it's your router not liking your N900, or something like that.

Note: I don't have a data plan and I have to drive to Las Vegas to get 3G, so I have no way of knowing if this is a reasonable post. I just thought I heard of someone doing this over 3G.

The Following User Says Thank You to Descalzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
If your lappy is downloading the file just fine, then skip the autoinstaller and do it manually.
To be clear, what I said is that I've been downloading OTHER files OK on my laptop, not this one, haven't tried it, but can do that....

Have you tried it while attached to 3G? If it works on 3G then you know it's your router not liking your N900, or something like that.

Note: I don't have a data plan and I have to drive to Las Vegas to get 3G, so I have no way of knowing if this is a reasonable post. I just thought I heard of someone doing this over 3G.
I don't have 3G or any G....as I don't have a sim card or data plan for N900, just use wifi connection at home or at work...

Thanks.

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800

I used it without a SIM for a couple of months, too. I could still do SIP calls and stuff.

Let us know what happens when you download this one on the lappy. You should try to download something else that's big on the N900. I have no idea what's going on. Maybe if we keep prodding we'll see a pattern.

The Following User Says Thank You to Descalzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
Please tell me if i'm going mad or something.

I used the autoinstaller and after adding the info into the android.etc.item file NITDroid boots up fine.
When i browse the memory card in Maemo (2Gb) it still says there is 1.6Gb free?

During the autoinstaller process i chose my Mb size as 1700Mb. Now has this installed onto the internal storage (25Gb) or is it actually on the SDCard but i just can't read it?

hey guys.
managed to get this up and running.............. eventually........
all seems good, apart from when i plug phone (running maemo) into the pc usb, it no longer sees the phones internal mem, only the sd card.

any ideas suggestions?
thanks

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by DJRedline View Post
Please tell me if i'm going mad or something.

I used the autoinstaller and after adding the info into the android.etc.item file NITDroid boots up fine.
When i browse the memory card in Maemo (2Gb) it still says there is 1.6Gb free?

During the autoinstaller process i chose my Mb size as 1700Mb. Now has this installed onto the internal storage (25Gb) or is it actually on the SDCard but i just can't read it?
The FAT partition you used 1700MB for is visible in Maemo, thats why you have 1.6GB free.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
The FAT partition you used 1700MB for is visible in Maemo, thats why you have 1.6GB free.
Ah thanks.

So should i have gone smaller for the FAT partition? and provided more space for the ext3 partition.
Thats the only part i got confused with during the autoinstaller.

Originally Posted by baron von bubba View Post
hey guys.
managed to get this up and running.............. eventually........
all seems good, apart from when i plug phone (running maemo) into the pc usb, it no longer sees the phones internal mem, only the sd card.

any ideas suggestions?
thanks
Keep trying. This has happened to me a bunch of times, and a re-plug often fixes it. For some reason it happens more on my Mac. Anyway you might try to check and see if a process is using internal storage. If it is, then Maemo can't unmount it, so the desktop can't mount it.

Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
I used it without a SIM for a couple of months, too. I could still do SIP calls and stuff.

Let us know what happens when you download this one on the lappy. You should try to download something else that's big on the N900. I have no idea what's going on. Maybe if we keep prodding we'll see a pattern.
Well, what'd'ya know....just tried autoinstaller here at work (have very fast internet connection...) and voila! installer worked great the first time I tried it!

Now, onto last step of flashing N900....

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800

Closed Thread