Active Topics

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Florida
Hi,

Win xp won't let me transfer a file that is 7.5GB to my n900. It does recognize that thier is 20GB left of space but when I try to copy the ISO file to my phone it says thier isn't enough space left.

It has let me copy ISO from xp to phone to Win 7 that is less than 1GB (was successful with a 900MB ISO and a 600MB ISO) I have not yet seen if Win 7 will let me transfer it to my phone, but the problem is that I just got a new pc and trying to transfer files from old xp pc to new Win7 pc. Thought the N900 would come in handy. Thanks.

The steps I took

1. Created new folder in the root of the N900 named "ISO"
2. attempted to move the 7.5 GB ISO file, but windows xp stopped me and said there isn't enough room even though it stated 20GB of available room on the N900.

Thanks for any help!

KYLe

PS I am pseudo layman. Also I tried to send it to an 8GB memory card that is inside my N900 and it wouldn't let me. I also attempted to transfer a 6GB ISO file. None of which worked.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
The filesystem in N900 is fat32, so you wont be able to transfer a file bigger than 4gb into the N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heman1310 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
It's because the ~27GB memory is formatted in FAT32, which only supports files =<4GB. Don't know if its possible to format it to NTFS without bad things happen(probably not).

Last edited by ToJa92; 2010-07-09 at 17:41. Reason: Oops.

The Following User Says Thank You to ToJa92 For This Useful Post:
ohhhh... well if i was to format my 8GB memory card to another file system, would I be able to transfer? what file system should I do to achieve that?

Well im not sure. Haven't acually tryed. But your best bet would be to format it to NTFS. And if it won't work, you can always reformat it to FAT32.
P.S. Back up everything you have in your card.

The Following User Says Thank You to Heman1310 For This Useful Post:
I did it an easier way. I normally don't use my web host server that I pay top dollar for, and figured I could use them as temp storage. I uploaded it to them and downloaded on the new pc. I hope they don't ding me for using them as storage, but oh well I hardly use it anyways.

Thanks I am glad to learn a little bit about fat32 file sys. Thanks!

KYLe

Yea no problem mate. This is what were here for.

The Following User Says Thank You to Heman1310 For This Useful Post: