Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Isn't Topic for topic and the thread is for msg? and yes, thank you, you are first that paid attention, there are no hundreds of the topics with same issues. As well thank you for very detailed information
(is there sarcasm tag here?)

LOL and you called me an idiot... ll just give the advice u gave me...

reflash your phone

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
Originally Posted by grumps312 View Post
LOL and you called me an idiot... ll just give the advice u gave me...

reflash your phone
so uve been stalking me this whole time?
dude
im taken
sorry

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Isn't Topic for topic and the thread is for msg? and yes, thank you, you are first that paid attention, there are no hundreds of the topics with same issues. As well thank you for very detailed information
(is there sarcasm tag here?)
really?
do me a favour, add the details ure talking about
i wanna see how good you are oh all knowing

lol, I see what you did there

I can understand your frustration. There are lots of goodies about N900, but Nokia support and the future of N900 is not among them.

I am personaly interested, what are the solutions for low volume during calls (for me the biggest issue, disasslambling N900 and changing the position of speaker is not a solution) and flash 10 (could live without, but nice to have).

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by fahadj2003 View Post
this is a combined thread for all the issues
do u have any idea how many replies there are for the flash 10 thread?
how the fu*k do u think i'll read all of it?
and all they are doing exactly what im doing, b*tching
Dude, all I have is a request. Can you check your language please?

It adds nothing to your gripes and I imagine it reduces the amount of people who will ultimately read your opinion.

The N900 may have had these issues out of the box but it is still the only device I know of that you, I, or an average user can devise, develop, and install work around's for a great deal of its short comings real, or imagined...
Everything has short comings.

The N900 is also long on tooth, having been the first to present the hardware and the means to perform some of the tasks that you may want.

Newer phones/devices now have the software to perform some of these tasks available out of the box.

But guess what?

Those new boxes were not around when the N900 was first unboxed.

...and still, very few of these new boxes come with devices that have all the potential capabilities that the N900 has.

But alas, some of those new boxes contain devices that perform some of those tasks much better than a N900 running Maemo will ever be able to do. As a result of this, some of our members have moved on to some of those other devices.

But guess what again?

You won't find a lot of their used N900's for sale. I imagine that's because many N900 owners would rather keep 'em in the family.

I can think of no portable device to teach someone about computing in general, software development, and Mobile OS design that is better than the N900.

Now if you're following me so far (and haven't just blown off this post as it seems you have done to the thousands of member generated responses in the many other threads similar to this one) then it's conceivable that those used N900's are handed down to young sons and daughters.

In one case I know of, a member handed it up to his mother so she could learn on the thing.

I also know that I wouldn't want my mother reading your expletives if she came here for help or advice.

The simple response is to say that people like her don't have to come here but, that's the thing...

My mom's pretty smart, and if she had an N900 and didn't come here then we would have one less smart person contributing to the forum. Savvy?

SLN member # 009

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Dude, all I have is a request. Can you check your language please?

It adds nothing to your gripes and I imagine it reduces the amount of people who will ultimately read your opinion.

The N900 may have had these issues out of the box but it is still the only device I know of that you, I, or an average user can devise, develop, and install work around's for a great deal of its short comings real, or imagined...
Everything has short comings.

The N900 is also long on tooth, having been the first to present the hardware and the means to perform some of the tasks that you may want.

Newer phones/devices now have the software to perform some of these tasks available out of the box.

But guess what?

Those new boxes were not around when the N900 was first unboxed.

...and still, very few of these new boxes come with devices that have all the potential capabilities that the N900 has.

But alas, some of those new boxes contain devices that perform some of those tasks much better than a N900 running Maemo will ever be able to do. As a result of this, some of our members have moved on to some of those other devices.

But guess what again?

You won't find a lot of their used N900's for sale. I imagine that's because many N900 owners would rather keep 'em in the family.

I can think of no portable device to teach someone about computing in general, software development, and Mobile OS design that is better than the N900.

Now if you're following me so far (and haven't just blown off this post as it seems you have done to the thousands of member generated responses in the many other threads similar to this one) then it's conceivable that those used N900's are handed down to young sons and daughters.

In one case I know of, a member handed it up to his mother so she could learn on the thing.

I also know that I wouldn't want my mother reading your expletives if she came here for help or advice.

The simple response is to say that people like her don't have to come here but, that's the thing...

My mom's pretty smart, and if she had an N900 and didn't come here then we would have one less smart person contributing to the forum. Savvy?
ok
sorry for being agressive, but
half the bugs are software based and not considered bugs by nokia
its not about the time of arrival of device coz i believe the hardware is awesome and quite powerful

Oh, you changed the title. Well in that case, sometimes it's difficult to edit text with the virtual keyboard. That's about it for me

Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Oh, you changed the title. Well in that case, sometimes it's difficult to edit text with the virtual keyboard. That's about it for me
want the old keyboard back?
what do u wanna change?