Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
I don't think you can consider yourself an N900 owner if you haven't contemplated at least once smashing the thing into a million pieces.
well i got mine and never thought about that

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by barzam View Post
Why do you people always feel the need to start new whine threads?
Why does people feel the need to post that they think the posts are whining?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
I really like how in every thread that someone bashes the n900 with rude, unintelligent arguments theres imperiallight and gerbick(who doesn't even own an n900) as knights in shiny armor doing sligthly more cosmetic bashing.

I never encountered a single problem the OP described. The n900 is the perfect device for my needs, hello easy debian, psx4all, mplayer, rdesktop, ssh etc etc

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
wow so many posts.
maybe another epic thread is born.

and btw..........
where is pr 1.3????

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
IMHO......really depends on the phone's main feature. well for example the xpressmusic. even at heavy load, the media player (music only though) has no problems.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Banned | Posts: 138 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by nidO View Post
See, I read your pointless rambling rant and the only bit I need to see is...

"For some reason when I try to update things it says there is not enough memory or somthing along those lines, when infact theirs loads."

I'll give you a hint. Did it ever occur to you that maybe you're wrong and the phone's right? I know it's probably hard for someone like you to imagine a world in which you could possibly be wrong, but just try it. If the device is telling you it's run out of rootfs space (let me guess, you havent heard of that, havent bothered looking into it, and just assume you have "loads of space" because the 32gb eMMC isnt full yet) then it probably is, and that's also almost guaranteed to be the source of pretty much every other problem you've drivelled on about.

Go take a look at that, then come back with a sensible non-whiney post asking how you might have filled your rootfs partition, what the consequences of that are, and if anyone can help you sort it out, instead of drivelling on blaming anything you can think of, and you might suddenly find you get a helpful response and a working device.
hmmm typical ****HEAD response............................

there are so many "smart" arses on here who think they know what they are talking about...but don't really have a fking clue.

I suppose if it had came up with a memory allocation error you would have advised him to take a course in C++ ????

PS...exactly how big is the rootfs in this device ????? I haven't bothered using mine enough to find out ??? and what fs does the n900 use ???

PPS I *really* want to hax my n900..............where can I get a hardware reference manual with all the hardware addresses and registers ????? after all it *is* an open platform ........... right ????

Last edited by xomm; 2010-07-12 at 01:04. Reason: language

I like it a lot...

Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
I don't think you can consider yourself an N900 owner if you haven't contemplated at least once smashing the thing into a million pieces.
The mere thought of doing that horrifies me. No truly. My main concern is worrying about if my N900 will last long enough for the new version to be released before my N900 fails due to wear and tear. This is not a commentary on its build quality which is great, but on the amount of use.

V.

strange though i never had most of your problems on n900, sorry about how you felt though

Banned | Posts: 138 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by xomm View Post
The OP has been warned and given an infraction for Personal Attack.

Everyone, please take the time to look over the maemo.org Terms of Use, as you are bound to it by using this site. (Also, look over the future Forum Rules, as they will take effect in the near future, and you will also be bound to those by posting here.)

Everyone will be treated in the same manner when giving out infractions, whether they be attacking or retaliating, contributor, or troll.
heh its good to see a vibrant "community" at work........."The OP has been warned and given an infraction for Personal Attack.
"

An infraction you say eh ???? that sounds real bad...........

I can feel the guys pain................after all Nokia did sell it as a phone, and never mentioned users have to be aware of filesystem limitations/problems...if that is even what is wrong ?, Im not sure but what way is the 32gb partitioned (assuming it *is* 32gb) ???

Closed Thread

Tags
fanboy denial, garyc2010wanker, worstthreadever