Active Topics

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Northern California
I recently lost the "9" movie trailer that came with my N900. Ironically, I'd attempted to delete another video clip which had been transferred from my Ubuntu-based netbook; the "9" clip was accidentally deleted instead (not sure why, believing I had indicated the other video, but that's another matter). My little boy really enjoys the clip, and I use it to demo the N900 to others. Would appreciate pointers on where to get the replacement clip. Have searched for trailers online and have found a few, but don't know offhand which one is the right one to replace this original (or perhaps just e-mail same to me as an attachment?). Thanks in advance.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Alaska
i've deleted mine already. on purpose. but if push come to shove, you can alway re-flash your phone's emmc and get it back.

The Following User Says Thank You to tokag For This Useful Post:
Hi opensecretmedia,

you could try this nice app:

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/M...ecovery-tools/

It includes a useful utility to recover accidentally deleted files, like your trailer. It's not difficult to be used, it includes a wizard. Hope you have not copied anything above the deleted trailer, or you won't be able to recover it.

Good luck.

it's 68MB, i uploaded it to 4hsared.com

let me know if it didn't work, it'a my first upload there

EDIT: link removed

Last edited by dana.s; 2010-07-13 at 08:24.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Originally Posted by tokag View Post
i've deleted mine already. on purpose. but if push come to shove, you can alway re-flash your phone's emmc and get it back.
Reflash for a video? I dont think so. Someone will give it to him. I would did it but I can't upload from here 68,7mb.

Perhaps you could look for an app for downloading video's off of you tube, I think I read somewhere that realplayer sp does it but not sure on how bloated this has become, havent used realplayer in years...

If you can download youtube clips then you could probably download loads of short clips for your boy to watch

EXCELLENT_and_ManyThanx! Just downloaded the clip per the _4shared_ link; also appreciate the link to the recovery tools (which I'll scope ASAP). On a somewhat related note, I've found from experimenting with several HandBrake runs that the "iPod - HighRez" setting seems to work best for converting videos for N900 access (not sure why, just does, as conversions via the other settings wouldn't quite play on my N900). ThanxAgain to all.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
Reflash for a video? I dont think so. Someone will give it to him. I would did it but I can't upload from here 68,7mb.
Someone will break copyrights?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
Someone will break copyrights?
how? by giving the download link?

For the HandBrake usage I was referring to converting home-grown DVDs of my son's playful antics for family and friends to watch on my N900. Can't speak for what others may utilize HandBrake for. Was conveying info for general-though-related purposes. Offhand, as an additional clarification, it may be necessary to not only use the MP4 container setting but also to change the format from AVI to MP4 therein for the "iPod - HighRez" option.