Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
I tried to find answers to these questions elsewhere in the forum but it was just taking too long so I apologize if these have been handled elsewhere. I will preface my questions by saying that while I was gone for a month my charging port pulled out and Nokia replaced the device but I did not have a backup. I am trying to recreate my particular configuration from the 'ground up'.

1) In PR 1.1 MfE synced notes from Outlook that could be accessed via the calendar application from the pull down menus. This no longer seems to be the case in PR 1.2 and I can't find any settings to turn the functionality on (the device shows no notes when I go to the calendar app). Any ideas or do other people see this problem?

2) I can't seem to get email signatures to include new lines so that my signature comes out all on one line in PR 1.2. This was not the case in PR 1.1. Again, any ideas?

3) I read there is supposed to be a setting to not automatically add addresses to contacts when sending an email. I can't seem to find the setting (although, I thought I had when I first installed 1.2 before my trip).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Fred

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by ffarber View Post
1) In PR 1.1 MfE synced notes from Outlook that could be accessed via the calendar application from the pull down menus. This no longer seems to be the case in PR 1.2 and I can't find any settings to turn the functionality on (the device shows no notes when I go to the calendar app). Any ideas or do other people see this problem?
I've not noticed this myself, as I never use the notes. I think I've seen other report this issue though.

2) I can't seem to get email signatures to include new lines so that my signature comes out all on one line in PR 1.2. This was not the case in PR 1.1. Again, any ideas?
I seem to recall someone saying that signatures are now HTML, so use "<br>" for a line break.

3) I read there is supposed to be a setting to not automatically add addresses to contacts when sending an email. I can't seem to find the setting (although, I thought I had when I first installed 1.2 before my trip).
In the Email settings (launch Email, then select Settings from the menu) there's an option to enable/disable automatically adding to Contacts, which sounds like what you're after.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post

I seem to recall someone saying that signatures are now HTML, so use "<br>" for a line break.
Thanks, that sounds worth trying.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post

In the Email settings (launch Email, then select Settings from the menu) there's an option to enable/disable automatically adding to Contacts, which sounds like what you're after.
I will look again, thanks.

Fred