Active Topics

On my way home for work, I had a few things on my mind, which almost led me to forget about testing. This means that the phone was connected for about 15 minutes before I checked my phonebook. I just pressed the phonebook button, and all my contacts appeared, so no outgoing call or anything necessary before I could see them.
I did, however, forget to check if I am also experiencing the "1 number per contact" situation. I will get back to you guys on that one, but as Jarma has that problem on his X1, it will probably be the same with my 1-series.

Great work guys!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jubr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Delft, Netherlands
Originally Posted by jarmo2 View Post
I checked some code

http://git.kernel.org/?p=bluetooth/o...8390e4;hb=HEAD

316 if (filter & FILTER_TEL) {
317 GSList *l;
319 for (l = contact->numbers; l; l = l->next) {
320 struct phonebook_number *number = l->data;
322 vcard_printf_number(vcards, format, number->tel, 1,
323 number->type);
324 }
325 }

and noticed that tracker-backend should support multiple phone numbers.. Drew has compiled obexd with both backends. His version has still the crlf-bug, but from the hcidump I can check if multiple phone numbers are handled correctly.

I'll keep you posted.
You are right, it looks like the tracker backend is geared towards richer support than the ebook backend. In addition to a phonebook pull with multiple TEL entries, the tracker backend should support received / missed calls etc.

But it doesn't work for me (and it didn't work for Drew, post 168). I debugged it a little bit, and saw the carkit asking for the phonebook, the tracker backend then places a asynchronous call on dbus, this call returns with a NULL result, aborting the phonebook pull. The root cause can probably be found by debugging "the other end", wherever that other end may be

Not sure wich backend I should burn my energy on. The ebook backend seems much simpler to debug, but if it's a dead end... Maemo devel wiki advises against using this backend. Drew said the Meego developers seemed to focus on the tracker backend.

Anyone with some additional info on these backends and their future in maemo/meego?

Eric.

Edit: after multiple tests with the ebook backend (using the binary as posted yesterday) my carkit now lists every contact twice. Maybe the UID fields in the vcard changed. I archived the hcidumps, will compare these later.

Edit2: no, the UID's are identical. I suspect my carkit creates a new contact every time it detects a duplicate N (name) or TEL (telephone) entry in a single vcard.

Last edited by tuxy; 2010-07-18 at 22:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to tuxy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jyväskylä, Finland
Still not working on year 2007 bmw.. oh dear..

Debugged the ebook backend for the single-telephone-number issue. There seems to be a misunderstanding between the obexd ebook plugin and libebook in maemo on how multiple values for e.g. telephone numbers (work, private, etc) are to be grouped in the vcard.

Still debugging the root cause, but compiled an ugly workaround to use in the meantime. It's attached as obexd.gz. Ungzip and place in /usr/lib/obex/. Then reboot your phone (note that instead of rebooting it's possible to open x-terminal, kill the obexd process and the start it with the commandline parameters listed in /usr/share/dbus-1/services/obexd.service).

With the workaround, my carkit/carkit version (Peugeot Connect Nav in a 5008 delivered a few weeks ago) lists 2 contacts for every single telephone number contact in the N900, and 4 contacts for every two-telephone number contact in the N900.

I noticed the pbab specs require that multiple entries in a vcard require a prefix (A.N, B.N, ...., A.TEL, B.TEL, ...) and the current implementation lacks that prefix, possibly causing the (quad)duple contact issue in my carkit. Appreciate feedback on how your carkit handles it.

Eric.
Attached Files
File Type: gz obexd.gz (147.3 KB, 92 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuxy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by loukkis View Post
Still not working on year 2007 bmw.. oh dear..
A 2007 carkit uses PBAP v1.0 at best, and probably no PBAP at all.

If you want to know whether your carkit uses PBAP, connect the N900 to your carkit wile running:
hcidump -w dump.dat
as root. Give the carkit some time after establishing the connection to the N900, try to open the phonebook on your carkit a few times, and place an outgoing call to be sure the carkit realizes it needs some telephone book info.

Afterwards, stop the proces using CTRL-C and open dump.dat in wireshark (on N900 or PC) and search for the text "x-bt/phonebook". If it's there, your carkit uses PBAP. If not, this thread cannot help you as it is about PBAP support.

Eric.

i guys.

i can acess to my contacts, but when a have a call, my phone dont ring on my car (only rings the phone) and the list of calls are confused: the same calls twice and there is calls that i dont remeber to do.

and the list dont actualize

some help?

thanks

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Hi Tuxy!

Thank you for your new binary. I tested it with my 2008 120d/cab BMW.

I get only one phone number per contact and it is the first of the vcard numbers.

The presentation of multiple numbers per contact looks good to me. I have no idea why only the first number is accepted.

I'll test this later with 2010 X1 BMW. This far the results have been the same.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jyväskylä, Finland
Ok, here's hcidump from my car and N900. I don't understand it at all.. Can please someone check it and tell me if the car should support pbap or other protocol?
Attached Files
File Type: zip dump.zip (4.1 KB, 95 views)

Sorry Tuxy!

My latest report was totally BS. Telephone numbers are now ok, but contacts with large pictures are ignored. So if one could just add one extra option --nopbappictures, which would drop the pictures, this would work 100% for me.

X1 BMW report is coming.

Thank you all! We have almost tacked this problem!

Last edited by jarmo2; 2010-07-19 at 16:00.

Loukkis, sorry to say. but it looks like your car kit does not support pbap :-(

Went through your dump and pbap is advertised, but not acted upon.

Pity!