Closed Thread
Ehy Dj... any news?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
giu boot loader is nicer to look at. The post boot message makes the N900 look like it going to break lol. i don't mind it on the computer or my ps3 though but those are handy when i'm trying to find out what drivers and processes are running and failed during boot time. For N900, it a little pointless since most users just want to dual boot. They don't care much about those preboot messages.

but if it's not possible to somewhat hide the text and replace it with an animation or still image then it won't be can't do much. lol.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Anyway Steve, please keep up the good work
You are the man! I'm waiting for the full operatible stable Froyo Os to use as my daily OS over Maemo5.

Daft question, but is there anyway of being able to pause the boot process so you can read what the messages say

just in case of any errors loading things in

Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
Originally Posted by *Sonic* View Post
Daft question, but is there anyway of being able to pause the boot process so you can read what the messages say

just in case of any errors loading things in
As I recall, you can't pause it, but would also be helpful, is if there was a way to output that text to a text file. This would allow you to then post sections of the output here for people to read....

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800

Originally Posted by ArchiMark View Post
As I recall, you can't pause it, but would also be helpful, is if there was a way to output that text to a text file. This would allow you to then post sections of the output here for people to read....
Try dmesg

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Leicester,UK
im new to this.jus wondering is there anyway to port sony ericssons timescape to the n900 with 1 of the versions of android?

I installed Nitdroid for the first time today. It feels very slow, is that the way it runs at the moment or have I maybe done something wrong?

Originally Posted by byte_76 View Post
I installed Nitdroid for the first time today. It feels very slow, is that the way it runs at the moment or have I maybe done something wrong?
In the current build, Android is very slow... but in the next maybe..

@ All Devs, good work so far and thank you! It looks good even though it's a bit slow!

Is there a way to get portrait mode for the home screen? I see it rotates in the menu but when the menu is closed it goes back to landscape.

This question has probably already been asked but I'll ask anyway, has development reached the point where it should detect the mobile operator? In my case it shows the bars with an x and scanning for mobile operator gives an error.

Closed Thread

Tags
android, cool stuff, froyo on n900, nitdroid