Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
The ear speaker in the phone started giving problems and reflashing didn't help so I sent it inn today hoping for both that speaker problem and the falling apart lens cover to be replaced. Let's see how the outsourced repair company in Alabama does.

My USB went bust so I sent it to nokia, they replaced the whole phone except for the back cover. The shutter on mine is broke too and held closed with sticky tape.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I've had my N900 fixed for this earpiece problem twice now. They've always done to job no questions asked no fuss. And always did a good job.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by olighak View Post
The ear speaker in the phone started giving problems and reflashing didn't help so I sent it inn today hoping for both that speaker problem and the falling apart lens cover to be replaced. Let's see how the outsourced repair company in Alabama does.
Phone is back. Nokia Repairs is a fail.

Two problems reported and explained on the attached sheet.
1. Lens cover coming apart (the part which says Carl Zeiss parting from the rest and a spring of some sorts sticking out.
2. Ear-speaker fading in and out, unless you press on top of where it physically sits. It was explained that flashing didnīt help. (in capitalized letters)

And what did the repair center do? Reflash the phone, not replace the battery cover and removed my Clear Protector screen protector.

At least they included a $10 gift card with the "repair" which barely covers my cost of shipping it to them.

Theyīll be getting the phone back next week.

Ok, got to someone on the Nokia phone line and got them to give me a UPS shipping label for sending it again down to Alabama. Letīs see whether the second time will be better.

Last edited by olighak; 2010-07-24 at 16:40.

Today I got called, after Nokia failing to call me back about these issues for 11 days.

Apparently they're going to "check how their stock of battery covers is at the moment, and see if they can send me one". Those were the exact words.

I'm going to be positive and think that means I'll get one here within the next 3-4 weeks.

Their race is something which is irrelevant, what is important is that they can speak the same language as the caller - this is not a representation of their ability to work it is Nokia who are forcing them into this situation in order for them to earn some measly amount of money so they can feed their families. It is frustrating of course, but it is NOT the peoples fault, it is Nokiaīs.

39 days. That's how long it takes to get a replacement battery cover on warranty from Nokia USA.

But it's here