Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Saudi Arabia
When i started to update my firmware from previous version into PR1.2 since it was launched, everytime is used GPS Maps, it is not working and loading (mostly) but there's no image appears when you selected (state or even city especially street), but your GPS tracking is moving and there’s no images, and most of the time it's says looking for GPS... / Downloading data in which no displays happens, unlike the old version firmware.

Is this normal on PR1.2? any advise?

Last edited by edcarsky; 2010-07-19 at 07:00.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
This pretty simple. You just need to download the map and put it on your eMMC in MyDocs,->Cities

Good search on how to do this. May i ask if you connected to the internet when looking for GPS? Did you flashed your device both eMMC and OS?

It's typically normal because you open a map application without map data in it's database. So it is looking at a blank page.

Hope this help

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Saudi Arabia
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
This pretty simple. You just need to download the map and put it on your eMMC in MyDocs,->Cities

Good search on how to do this. May i ask if you connected to the internet when looking for GPS? Did you flashed your device both eMMC and OS?

It's typically normal because you open a map application without map data in it's database. So it is looking at a blank page.

Hope this help
thanks for quick respond.

Any advice how can i download cities?

Yes, both flashed, and i think the cities folder has been gone already.

I used GPS Maps with connection, definitely.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Then you'll lost every maps you got on. :P that explain why you can't see anything on ovi map. search on google for n900 ovi maps download. you'll see the site.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post: