Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
The delivery time of the sent messages are also wrong here on Fido (it uses the delivery time which also comes off the network). I quickly tried to fix your hack to also take care of them.. But I got bored.. That said, having to parse the time string and print it back is definitely annoying.

The event logger library is open-source, I'm thinking of hacking it into there. Annoying this that csd isn't (since it would be so much easier to correct it there)

Originally Posted by stas123 View Post
Dear Sufferers of Bug #5994, "Incoming SMS show the wrong time",

I have a temporary, but working solution!

As you know, incoming SMS messages come with two timestamps: time sent and time received. The time sent is the time that is displayed in the conversation thread, and it's what we have problems with. By tapping individual messages, you can check the time received - which is always in local phone time.

A few months ago, I tried to participate in the discussion at https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5994. The developers closed the issue, blaming everything on network operators and ignoring my suggestions to introduce a custom setting to let the user decide whether to display the Time Sent or the Time Received for incoming messages.

Dejected, I looked into the issue myself, with the intent of replacing the Time Sent stamp with the Time Received stamp for incoming messages.

I read into the Customizing SMS Conversations thread and I found that although the Conversations template includes a field for Time Received, this field is always blank, and never becomes populated.

To work around this, I wrote the following hack. It allows the user to shift the timestamps of all received messages by any number of hours.

At the moment, it only works for the English (US) date format, with 24-hour notation enabled. I have made the code as clean and well-documented as I could, so that adding other formats would be easy and fun for anyone who is interested.

If you wish to test this patch, please set your date format to English (US) and enable 24-hour notation.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Copy ConversationHacks.ini to /usr/share/rtcom-messaging-ui/html/.

2. Edit ConversationHacks.ini to set the correct offset

3. Back up your /usr/share/rtcom-messaging-ui/html/MessagingWidgetsSMSConversation.js file.

4. Replace /usr/share/rtcom-messaging-ui/html/MessagingWidgetsSMSConversation.js with the file I provide below. Alternatively, apply /usr/share/rtcom-messaging-ui/html/MessagingWidgetsSMSConversation.js.patch This may be useful if you've modified your version for theming or other purposes.

5. Close the Conversation app and any open SMS or IM windows.

Enjoy!
Thank you for the fantastic work!

I know this is a minimal issue but will you be making it possible for this to work in a non 24 hour clock setting or is that not possible?

Thanks again

Jiggernauts

It's possible. Which locale are you using?

It's possible. Which locale are you using?
If you are speaking of the current timezone/region I'm using It's:
EST (GMT -4 ) with the regional settings of Canada.

If you are actually looking for different info please advise

Originally Posted by Jiggernauts View Post
If you are speaking of the current timezone/region I'm using It's:
EST (GMT -4 ) with the regional settings of Canada.

If you are actually looking for different info please advise
That's not it.

Go to Settings -> Language & region.

I need your setting for 'Regional settings'.

That's not it.

Go to Settings -> Language & region.

I need your setting for 'Regional settings'.
Then yes that is what I have listed:

I click "Settings" - "Language & Region" - Then under "Regional Settings" in blue text it says "Canada".

If I do click on it, it just brings up a full drop down list of countries.