Notices

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by eileen0812 View Post
for the flashlight app, i dont know how others do it but i have to click on the status bar to open it, and close the camera. sometimes (like in a movie theater) u just want that flashlight on..now!

--------------

oh, i want apps for kids too. like sometimes, kiddies just want to play with whatever mommys playing/tinkering with. so at least they have options without wrecking the phone. something like a screenlock deac by power/camera button so they can swipe, push and click as much as they want without doing anything to the phone.
Maybe a QueenBeecon widget could do something like that. It has dbus support. So it would just be to connect the right dbus call to the widget. It would not be double click tough..

You mean like a visible screenlock? Where you can see the icons and stuff but not press them..

In other case you just need to lock the phone with code.

maybe something like a button here for an animal sound, then something else there...
cause when i let my kid sketch on it, she goes nuts but would accidentally hit the dashboard/status bar. lock on all otherscreen details except for the ones meant to be kid-friendly.

oh great now im not making sense, at all.
apparently, none of ur toddlers play with the n900.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Milan - Italy
an application to import sms (and maybe mms) from other phones

Mine:
1)- Restart widget.
2)- Lock widget.
3)-different tones to different contacts.
4)- option to make ( new folder ) in the main menu.
5)- Quick launch ( to Extras)
6)- portrait mode.
7)- Up-grading the recaller so it will not conflict with Media player widget.
8)- Importing sms & mms from other phones & PC.
9)- option to save sms, mms & emails on memory card.

Hope the above will be seen soooooon.

Tnx

Last edited by !!Nokia N900!!; 2010-07-20 at 14:19.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
1)- Restart widget. = (QBW)
2)- Lock widget. = (QBW)
3)-different tones to different contacts. = (Custom ringtones for your contacts)

5)- Quick launch ( to Extras) = (Quick launch)

Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
1)- Restart widget. = (QBW)
2)- Lock widget. = (QBW)
3)-different tones to different contacts. = (Custom ringtones for your contacts)

5)- Quick launch ( to Extras) = (Quick launch)
thanks dear, but wat is the QBW??
regarding the: Custom ringtones for your contacts & Quick launch, i mean when these 2 will be promoted to Extras???

Last edited by !!Nokia N900!!; 2010-07-20 at 15:00.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Rockville, MD, USA
Originally Posted by eileen0812 View Post
wishing my n900 fairy grandmother is browsing through the pages, here is a list of apps i would want for the n900.

1. Baby Book app - where any parent can list memorable stories anecdotes, baby pics, milestones including funny ones like the first time she got lost or pooped in public or threw up on someone else.
You might want to try Zim.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
everytime TMO user write a wishlist app thread, god kills kitten. please save kittens, keep it in one thread

when we will have the following in the Extras:
1)-(Custom ring-tones for your contacts)
2)-(Quick launch)

Tnx

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by !!Nokia N900!! View Post
when we will have the following in the Extras:
1)-(Custom ring-tones for your contacts)
2)-(Quick launch)

Tnx
Quick-launch is currently in extras-testing (link) and could be promoted (provided it gains 3 more votes) when quarantine ends: 2010-07-30 04:15

Custom ringtones is in devel. Haven't tried it and I'm not sure it will even hit testing at all.

Another alternative would be MyContacts which allows custom ringtones per groups. It is currently in testing (link) and has 3 votes as of now. Quarantine ends: 2010-07-31 16:45

You could of course enable extras-testing and download these apps right now yourself. They SHOULD be safe (but of course I can't guarantee anything).

Tags
i took a wrong, turn somewhere