Closed Thread
Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
the newest video is using a diff rootfs to 5-3 big (newer one) so be patient and the speed will be here soon
thanks dear

Guys this is the third time I'm posting this query .. isn't there anyone who can help me on this ... ???

Quoting my problem from yesterday again ...

Originally Posted by ahmadka View Post
Thanks for pointing that out :P .. Anyways, the boot menu worked and everything, however when I press 4 (R), I see the text and, the a few seconds later the NITDroid video starts looping .. But it stays in this loop forever .. I've left it for as much as 15-20 minutes, and the NITDroid Matrix video keeps playing repeatedly ..

I saw that in the boot menu the third option is the same as the 4th one, so I tried the 3rd one, and as far as I can tell, the behavior was exactly the same ..

Here are some pictures from after I select the 4th option:

Also, when I boot into Maemo and connect the N900 to my PC in Mass Storage mode, I see the 1MB partition now .. How can I change this so that I see the internal 27GB of the N900 like before all this ?

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
i believe you'll find i answered you, - reinstall the rinitdroid rootfs as somethings couprrpt it would appear

Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
i believe you'll find i answered you, - reinstall the rinitdroid rootfs as somethings couprrpt it would appear
So in layman terms this means I need to completely restore my N900's old state and start from scratch .. ?

So in layman terms this means I need to completely restore my N900's old state and start from scratch .. ?
I think you can just format your sd card and repartition it.
Then just install nitdroid again.

Originally Posted by vis View Post
I think you can just format your sd card and repartition it.
Then just install nitdroid again.
But doesn't installing NITDroid modify the working of the Maemo OS in any way ? What about the bootloader thing ? And where are the NITDroid OS files installed: on the microSD card or the onboard 32 GB ?

But doesn't installing NITDroid modify the working of the Maemo OS in any way ? What about the bootloader thing ? And where are the NITDroid OS files installed: on the microSD card or the onboard 32 GB ?
nope, NITDroid doesn't modify the Maemo OS. But you're right, it does install multiboot on the onboard filesystem.
I'm guessing, however, seeing how far you got into booting, the bootloader is not the problem (and from what i understand multiboot also does the flashing, so the kernel can't be the problem either.).

Just try removing all files from the SD card and extracting the files again. If the problem still persists, try downloading the package again, perhaps it got corrupted.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
re-installed nitroid and using new multiboot , unfortunately wifi error message when trying to turn wifi on, any ideas ?

Originally Posted by moepda View Post
re-installed nitroid and using new multiboot , unfortunately wifi error message when trying to turn wifi on, any ideas ?
Reboot the phone and try the wifi again, on first boot the wifi gives an error when enabling it for the first time, it usually works after a reboot

The Following User Says Thank You to *Sonic* For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
tried reboot 3 times still error but cheers for replying *sonic* will give another reboot and then reinstall nitroid gain maybe

noted thsat after install kernel 04 from page 1 of new multiboot thread i now need option 5 (kernel04) to boot nitroid , wonder if thatys my issue ? boot menu list is

1 vmlinuz-2.6.28-omap1
2 vmlinuz-2.6.28.10power37
3 System.map-2.6.28.NIT.02
4 System.map-2.6.28.NIT.03
5 vmlinuz-2.6.28.NIT.04

so 1 too many options reckon i gffed up somewhere but not sure exactly

Last edited by moepda; 2010-07-20 at 22:46.

Closed Thread