Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Storage and Network also lists UPnP shares. So yes, it may be a dead network connection. Removing /lib from the shelf shouldn't have any impact. Do you have anything other on the shelf that could be network-related? E.g. an internet radio station (the icon pulls the favicon from the server) or a YouTube video (the icon pulls the thumbnail from YouTube)?
Apparently you were dead on the mark, pycage. When I left work and got in the car. I launched MB, and clicked the shelf, and it came up immediately. I clicked Podcasts, and same deal. Went back and clicked storage, and still no delays. It must have been that during the day, MB saw a wireless connection without RADIUS auth, so it hung there waiting...

Is there a way to turn that off?

--vr

Thank you! Sleep timer seems happy now, I just tested. Hehe... I'll let you know if it wakes me up tomorrow.

i like the youtube plugin just updated, you can view the low quality and medium quality pop up, is there a high quality (HQ) ?

Thanks a bunch! MediaBox, imo, has replaced Canola as the best overall media player for Maemo, especially on the N900 where Canola is currently a major WIP. Some thoughts/suggestions:

- I love having portrait mode available, but dislike the tilt sensor switching mechanism. Too often I've found myself in the wrong mode and had to fiddle with it to get it rotated the right way. A simple on screen button for changing orientation would be the ideal solution for me.

- I "read" a lot of audiobooks on my N900. I find if I pause a file for a while and try to hit play/pause again, the file starts over from the beginning, rather than from the place I paused it.

- It would be nice if the player controls (play/pause, next/prev track, etc.) were made larger. They are a bit too small and tightly packed together to casually press with chubby fingers, especially if one is trying to manipulate the player quickly, while at a stoplight for instance.

- As I noted earlier, I read a lot of audiobooks. I really like the ability of MediaBox to do filesystem / file tree view playback instead of just tags. I find it takes a long time to drill down into the filesystem to get to the files/folders I want. It would be nice to be able to set a specific default directory to start navigation from, so that I can get to the files I want to play quickly when starting MediaBox.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rocketman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ryanl33x1511 View Post
i like the youtube plugin just updated, you can view the low quality and medium quality pop up, is there a high quality (HQ) ?
There would be HQ for some videos but the N900 is not able to play it, so it gets filtered out from the list of choices.

Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
- I love having portrait mode available, but dislike the tilt sensor switching mechanism. Too often I've found myself in the wrong mode and had to fiddle with it to get it rotated the right way. A simple on screen button for changing orientation would be the ideal solution for me.
Hmm yes. How about a menu item? I don't see any screen estate that could be used for another button.

- I "read" a lot of audiobooks on my N900. I find if I pause a file for a while and try to hit play/pause again, the file starts over from the beginning, rather than from the place I paused it.
I'm going to fix this.

- It would be nice if the player controls (play/pause, next/prev track, etc.) were made larger. They are a bit too small and tightly packed together to casually press with chubby fingers, especially if one is trying to manipulate the player quickly, while at a stoplight for instance.
Sounds good.

- As I noted earlier, I read a lot of audiobooks. I really like the ability of MediaBox to do filesystem / file tree view playback instead of just tags. I find it takes a long time to drill down into the filesystem to get to the files/folders I want. It would be nice to be able to set a specific default directory to start navigation from, so that I can get to the files I want to play quickly when starting MediaBox.
You can put a shortcut to a folder or file on the shelf for quick access.

Just saying thanks for the latest update! mplayer and OSSO both close properly on exit now.

In terms of GUI/navigation, is there anyway that in the pop-up that appears when you click the video item (where it says Add to Shelf) that the whole filename can be displayed? If if there's anywhere else for a full file name without playing the file, that would be really great!

Thanks for such a great app!

my version 2010.7.17 mediabox suddenly youtube is not playing videos. any help pls? mytube also not playing, but tunewiki is still working.

has youtube blocked mediabox or is it only me having a problem? pls anyone?

YouTube changed something. I just uploaded MediaBox 2010.07.22 to work with YouTube again.

Tags
mediabox, pycage rules