Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by weißelstone View Post
First time I ever heard this, I just noticed when I was in East Europe that the signal sucks compared with West European Countries.
May I ask for a source of your statement?
FWIW http://www.rethink-wireless.com/arti...rticle_id=1968

Also, as a cultural nitpick/offtopic, most Hungarians would claim their country is not East European, but rather Central European geographically and West European culturally/politically.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Note how it took the n97 a whole minute of interference to drop to two bars, check the iPhone one in the same series....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ml35...eature=channel

Goes down to 1 bar in 10 seconds just before it drops signal completely the user removes the hold.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
What is the point of these tests? Apple could manipulate the signal that those phones are receiving as well

Yeah, this "test" is a joke. What they shoud do is stick all them phones someplace with shitty signal and start making calls.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
FWIW http://www.rethink-wireless.com/arti...rticle_id=1968

Also, as a cultural nitpick/offtopic, most Hungarians would claim their country is not East European, but rather Central European geographically and West European culturally/politically.

In a comprehensive study of the mobile broadband network performance of mobile carriers around the world, ARCchart reveals that T-Mobile Hungary has the best overall performing 3G network, supporting average download and upload data speeds of 1,605 kbps and 194 kbps respectively, and an average latency of 212 milliseconds. The carrier's download throughput is almost 60% higher than the average for all UMTS carriers worldwide.
OUCH! hahaha..
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
2bars over 3.5G but after 3.5G is lost then 2.5G or 2G will be on. I see no flaw lol

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Made a video to show that N900 does not lose signal, atleast not with 3 in Sweden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbRGE3Lhqjs

Remember: bars mean nothing. One could theoretically make it so that it's like this:
-90 dBm = 5 bars
-91 dBm = 4 bars
-93 dBm = 3 bars
... and so on ...

Every 3 dBm you increment/decrement means two times the signal you're getting/not getting. So, if Apple did this comparison with dBm, there might be some legitimacy.

The Following User Says Thank You to cyeung For This Useful Post:
Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
In my test, I only covered the lower-right corner with my thumb and the signal bar started to decreasing immediately. I did not hold the phone in my hand.

This is the only problem with the iPhone 4. It works just like other phones except at A&T in the USA.

I think the real problem is Steve Job's huge, arrogant and thick-skinned face. It was funny for the first time, but now it is boring. And this means Apple does its best, you are only reading about iPhone 4 in every News, and N900 is fading.

And I'am in the EU where Nokia is (was) the leader of the mobile technology area, not Apple. But it is seems to be changing.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Seriously Apple, give up on this one. There is no excuse for such perfomance given the obvious design risk and testing you undertook.

Accountability means if you mess up you pay.

Tags
finger pointing, wasnt me