Active Topics

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Originally Posted by angun33
On my testing the application doesn't die even after I killed the launcher processed
I've certainly saw this one time with very first deb package you have published. Probably you have changed app launching method after

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
if you have leafpad installed, you could do leafpad /home/user/.osso/hildon-desktop/tasknavigator.conf in xterm. Its basically a text file, with a layout not that different from say a ini file.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Brazil
When i unistalled Launcher, my app launcher dissapear...

Reflash again...

I was born intelligent
education ruined me.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Reflash? A bit too much maybe?

@Tuliobaars, can you get to control panel with out the old launcher? If you can, you might be able to tick the old one back one.

@ Everyone: It seems to work now. I reinstalled new one, and the app launcher in my status bar worked...only it was the old one. Went into Control Panel>Panels, application launcher wasn't checked. I had to check it and on check it a few times, but now the new one works, like the new one . I haven't reboot yet, but if I do,I'll let you know what happens.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Updated the package again, this time it should fixed the launcher seg faulted when started. An the package will try to shutdown the launcher, so you don't have to reboot the device.

I still couldn't find a good way to handle the installation of the applet. I've played around with tasknavigator.conf, but it doesn't play nice when i'm appending a line in there. Sometimes, it gives me 4 applets, and other times only give me 2 applets on the navigator.

If you have a good process to install the applet, please let me know and I'll put them on the installation script.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angun33 For This Useful Post:
sorry, no idea. Seems nokia hardcoded something somewhere without any official documentation (heck a quick look at the documentation for .desktop files in the maemo wiki draws a blank on how Mandatory is supposed to behave).

i did manage something funny tho, when i replaced the Path line in applications-menu.desktop with the one in application-launcher.desktop. suddenly the ghost button i was troubled with earlier vanished completely, and the task switcher area started going further up then before.

so while i cant confirm it (tho i am going to check with the new version so stand by), one trick may be to replace the .desktop file with one that have a different path entry, rather then trying to set up ones own. But thats just me speculating that the reason the button vanished was because the .so seg faulted on load.

well i'll be...! i may have cracked it. Basically, change the path inside applications-menu.desktop to the path used in launcher-navigator.desktop and change the type to default. End result is that the existing applications button triggers launcher. You may have to quickly open the panels dialog in control panel to make maemo reload the applets.

so i guess what one can do i have move the existing applications-menu.desktop out of the way, and replace it with one modified as i describe above, during install (deb scripts should be able to handle that) and then move them back on uninstall.

0.1.3 installed painlessly. I only had to go into panels and untick, and then retick the app launcher. Great work!

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
Does running Personal Launcher and Telescope interfere with this launcher not working?

I installed the deb files on my n810 which went fine but nothing happens in the way of a change of the launcher on reboot.

Also, I believe with Telescope, the launcher shows an option for which apps to include and in which catagories but the actual tick box is grayed out.

Finally, In Control Panel, I have no "Menu" option. There was instruction to get to the launcher through "Menu" and uncheck then recheck it. I can't find a "Menu" option anywhere in my control panel.
FYI: running the most recent version of OS 2008.

thx