Notices

Originally Posted by eiraku View Post
Hmm nice, but a list = the stock Maemo launcher/main menu already does this well enough IMHO (even more so when bound to a key shortcut like I do).

I'd rather a full bar of buttons + small time date display (with NO terminal entry button) myself, as I can put shortcuts to apps or scripts to quickly do a whole plethora of things.

But again that's just me. A user configurable bar would be killer though.

Also, an idea to consider: how about 4 buttons and a search bar? One that automatically searches through your applications (ala Quicksilver/Launchy/Vista start searchbox), or searches google if no apps matching the word entered is found - or enters a terminal command if you append a "tc" in front of the text you're entering.

It's a long stretch I know, but felt like sharing the idea. It'll be like an OS awesomebar lol.
I love the idea to have a search bar. That should be (easily) doable. Let me see how I can do that.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
Originally Posted by b0unc3 View Post
I love the idea to have a search bar. That should be (easily) doable. Let me see how I can do that.
+1 these are great ideas.

Thanks,
Fred

Originally Posted by b0unc3 View Post
If your doing a search I would recommend looking at the scout app and Bundyo's Search tool app to get an idea of how the information can be accessed. The scout app doesn't pickup any applications while Bundyo's does pickup the desktop files but won't launch them.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
If your doing a search I would recommend looking at the scout app and Bundyo's Search tool app to get an idea of how the information can be accessed. The scout app doesn't pickup any applications while Bundyo's does pickup the desktop files but won't launch them.
Thanks for the tips, I've just looked at these apps.
I wuold like to have something like a "live search", I've already done something similar for other purpose in gtk through the gtk-entry-completion but on maemo these not work as expected and I'm trying to understand why.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ NJ, USA
Hi,

I have tried this app. Works perfect for me and I am going to vote for you..
Check out my review with screen shots here (NokiaTimes)

nJoy..

The Following User Says Thank You to must4get For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Perhaps you could use the App Search Widget to get this functionality.

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Perhaps you could use the App Search Widget to get this functionality.
Thanks to point this out. I've just implemented this feature with the help of App Search Widget, let me see if nicolai is agree with my modifications

For some reason, I'm unable to start the Camera-app from quick launch when quick launch is started by opening the lenscover..

Anyone else got this problem?

Originally Posted by haj View Post
For some reason, I'm unable to start the Camera-app from quick launch when quick launch is started by opening the lenscover..

Anyone else got this problem?
It's normal, put the camera app in a slot and that start it from the dialog.

That's what I did... I click it in quick launch, it loads the CPU a bit, but the camera app does not show up...

If I go though the status menu it works, but not from the dialogue

edit;
Funny thing, it works when the lens cover is shut and I start the dialogue from command-line.

But if the lens cover is open I can't start the camera app from the dialogue, not even if it's opened from the command-line..

Last edited by haj; 2010-07-28 at 12:28.