Posts: 38 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Turkishflavor View Post
that's just "My Nokia"-Services. That has nothing to do with the Nokia Blog.

hello Yes Of course I know that, it was a joke!!! I'm just joking with all that NEWS from Nokia, that normally are not Excitement as they Think

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Took a screen shot of the "promise" just in case they decide to delete like in the Angry thread

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
I think the only earth-shattering or really "exciting" news for N900 users - and one that could realistically be done - is Nokia backing off from the "we won't officially support Meego on the N900" to "N900 will have full Meego support". Why?
  1. It does not seem so expensive to do. Meego is currently used as a developing platform for Meego, anyways. You would have some logistical costs and some stuff to be done - like a porting guide from Maemo to Meego - but compared to other alternatives, like doubling efforts by developing Ovi Maps 3.0 to Meego and Maemo, seems quite viable.
  2. It would actually revert some of Nokia bad press. It was big news when they said they wouldn't support Meego officially on the N900.
  3. Other things would naturally follow, like Flash 10.1. It is quite improbable that Nokia would not bring Flash 10 to the Meego platform! Ovi Maps 3.0 for meego too, with unified Qt development. And other software stuff that they wouldn't have to backport - or program at all - to Maemo.
  4. If Meego is actually considered a Maemo upgrade, they are not really supposed to keep making Maemo OS updates like PR1.3 and such. They can just do Meego updates and be happy with it.

Ok, all things considered, Nokia is bad at delivering, so I think this announcement will be nothing really worthwhile. But it was fun to think like Nokia management had a rational mind.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Patola For This Useful Post:
They will publish the good news that "the more exciting news are coming next month" which would be then delayed by 2 or more weeks.

but yeh, I'm satisfied with my n900.

The Following User Says Thank You to Niuseek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
This one will be soon a Chuck Norris thread.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Well, if this is it... while super-cool it's not exactly epic

Fcam unleashed for the Nokia N900

By Ian on 21 July 2010

Nokia N900PALO ALTO, United States – Stanford University and Nokia Research Center, Palo Alto, have created and released a new, open-source digital photography platform, called Fcam, (short for ‘Frankencamera’). It allows developers to create new capabilities for digital cameras, and users to take advantage of a whole new class of photography apps. The platform is available as a free download for the Nokia N900, starting today, at https://garage.maemo.org/projects/fcam/.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
maybe showing harmattan device and n900 users get a discount when released

The Following User Says Thank You to quipper8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
They are giving Angry man for free on the n900

The Following User Says Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:
Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Well, if this is it... while super-cool it's not exactly epic

Fcam unleashed for the Nokia N900

By Ian on 21 July 2010

Nokia N900PALO ALTO, United States – Stanford University and Nokia Research Center, Palo Alto, have created and released a new, open-source digital photography platform, called Fcam, (short for ‘Frankencamera’). It allows developers to create new capabilities for digital cameras, and users to take advantage of a whole new class of photography apps. The platform is available as a free download for the Nokia N900, starting today, at https://garage.maemo.org/projects/fcam/.
Saw the garage page. So, it's an API. So, it's not an application per se, although it seems to come with a sample 'fcamera' application.

If that is it, that would still be epic. An epic failure to deliver. lol

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden

Tags
announced, color you loser, fail!, guessed wrong, misstep, riddle me this, you dun goofed