Notices

Originally Posted by cjsegninir View Post
Last version in Extras-Devel is optified.
I installed yesterday and works fine. Only bug is some button icons are missing.
I checked for the bugtracker but it's nowhere to be found.
+1 on this.. It definitely was there pre PR1.2 but has disappeared since. Tried reinstalling but no good. Its missing such icons as the Bold/Underline/Italics that it use to have!!

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
+1 any ideas?

Installed it a couple of days ago and the font styles (bold/underline etc.) buttons are there.

However, I am having another problem. In the paragraph format menu, when I check/uncheck the "right to left dominant" box the program just shuts down immediately without warning. I need to change directions regularly so this is a bit of an issue for me.

Also, some files open with some of the letters appearing as blocks with the ascii code in them. I'm not sure but I think this has to do with the font and the font size. When I highlight the entire document and change all the text to a normal size/font it reappears as text. Note that these files open without a problem on MS Word, and they don't have any crazy formatting in them.

PS: PR 1.2 US version

Hi y'all, I was the old maintainer for the N8x0 package of AbiWord, and it's been a while since I've been involved in Maemo development. I'm working for AbiWord through GSoC this summer and we've got some really exciting performance improvements in the works. I haven't forgotten about Maemo, though, and I'm hoping that some of the upstream stuff we're doing will make things much more usable on embedded devices. For one thing, RAM usage in SVN trunk has been roughly halved compared to 2.8.6. I've focused on overhauling the rendering engine, which should make typing in very large documents possible now, and the next step will be to tackle insanely long load times.

As for the N900-specific bugs, I don't own one and as a poor PhD student I can't buy one =). If anyone would be willing to send me an N900 or help subsidize the cost of buying one, however, I would be happy to hack on it. I had fixed a number of Maemo-specific bugs earlier this year, feel free to check the Diablo package's changelogs.

Stay tuned!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to earksiinni For This Useful Post:
Another thing, if you guys could post these bugs at http://bugzilla.abisource.com/, that would be a great help. I'll try to get to them eventually (my priority right now is on GSoC work).

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
It has icon problem, what package should I install to solve this problem?
Attached Images

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Install this package if you are on PR1.2,
Fix PR1.2 Missing Icons (fixpr12icons) from extras-devel (use at your own risk etc.. etc...)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dbrodie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by dbrodie View Post
Install this package if you are on PR1.2,
Fix PR1.2 Missing Icons (fixpr12icons) from extras-devel (use at your own risk etc.. etc...)
Who cares about Abiword? Will someone fix these bugs? I found bugzilla on garage for abi, it hat thousands of new reports dated 2005!

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
AbiWord has some nice features. Thanks for your efforts.
I was wondering if the font size in the symbols palette could
be made larger so it is easier to read.

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
I like Abiword. I have it in pendrive, and light equipment.

I find that has a problem, when you save as. "Pdf" and open it with a pdf viewer images do not feature in the chosen site in Abiword. Also happens to. "Doc."

Is development stopped?