Notices

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by The_Solutor View Post
BTW opera for maemo is still classified as beta, and operamini for android doesn't
Opera Mobile (Maemo) != Opera Mini (Android)

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 280 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by dsawhney View Post
Some tweaks that should speed up opera mobile even more

Open Opera:config and change following, explanation of settings here - http://www.opera.com/support/usingopera/operaini/
I don't know how you decided on these values, but I must generally advise against changing things in opera:config without having an understanding of what they do.

SVG Cache size - 10240
This should make SVG images faster, at the expense of more memory usage. SVG images are not especially common.

Update Delay - 125
Lowering this will cause reflows to happen more often, which might speed up the time it takes for page updates to happen, but it will almost certainly mean heavier CPU usage and longer time to load pages in total.

Disk Cache - Size - 10000
Should make Opera load stuff from the cache more often. Depending on what page you are viewing, this might make it load slightly faster. This will also make Opera use more disk space.

Max connections server - 4
Max connections total - 6
Network buffer size - 64
Depends very much on what network you are currently on. Could make things both faster and slower, or make no difference at all.

Reflow Delay Load - 1000
Reflow Delay Script - 1000
Wait for Styles - 2500
See comment on the "Update delay" setting above. Will generally cause content to appear faster on a page, at the expense of longer page load/rendering times.

Min Font Size - 13
Won't affect speed. Should make it easier to read the text on some pages, but may also cause layouting problems. Advanced users might want to experiment with this instead of increasing the zoom level.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ahockersten For This Useful Post:
Opera doesn't work on my n900. I download it, install. I launch it, it crash, it open again and I have only a black screen with a header "Opera Mobile 10"

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Ireland
beta 6 is great - you are doing a fantastic job. It's my number 1 browser right now (except for the rare times when i need flash).

did anyone noticed opera uses pixel doubling? is there anyway disabling it? i hated it on pocket ie

Originally Posted by gruik View Post
Opera doesn't work on my n900. I download it, install. I launch it, it crash, it open again and I have only a black screen with a header "Opera Mobile 10"
Try deleting the /home/user/.opera folder, that seems to help.

/ohrn

The Following User Says Thank You to ohrn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
the latest opera update is freakin' fast! im on 600mhz but opera seems to respond in split second!

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
two issues

1. the arstechnica mobile layout is another page that becomes unreasonably wide.

2. multi-layered pages allow links under topmost layer to be clicked.

and btw, i dont get the keyboard love. it gives me cramps vs the maemo thumb board.

Last edited by tso; 2010-07-23 at 02:00.

Is there any way in hell to import opera's keyboard into the phone for portrait mode OMG please say yes lol. Seriously it is awesome why nokia why don't we have this

Installed beta6 for the first time;

Present with blank screen, no place to enter a URL , only the title bar is presnent with "Opera Mobile 10.1 beta"

I have deleted "/home/usr/.opera" no change.

can i switch a log on or something ? ....

I have titans extra kernel installed ..

Tags
fast browser, opera